Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Pat McGrath eyeshadows

I am thinking of investing in a Pat McGrath eyeshadow pallet, but I own nothing of the brand yet and would like to test it out on an eyeshadow pallet. In a mini to start with but if I’m convinced perhaps a full size one. Help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction

Re: Pat McGrath eyeshadows

Hi @Johanela,

I know this part doesn’t help, the one I want soooooo badly is Decadence, which unfortunately is the one they sold out of and don’t know if it will re-launch.  I recommended they come out with a Decadence 2.0 version, with all the original gorgeous colors, and maybe a few new ones added in!  Everyone is in Love with this palette and PAT McGRATH people say it has numerous requests daily.

However, to the question, what colors are you looking for in a palette?  I love Gold’s and silver so I got the 6 pan pink package “Metalmorphosis”, as there are 2 Golds & 1 Silver, to try first & I like it, as stated before, I’d be all in for a Decadence, as I typically like lighter/brighter colors, the 10 pan white package with the blue colors do appeal to me, again, what colors are you looking for in a palette?

Thanks,

SuzieQ 

Hi @Johanela, it may also be helpful to read or post to the "Pat McGrath Thread" where there's lots of discussion about the 10 and 6-pan palettes. I purchased my first 10-pan Mothership V Bronze Seduction palette and am head over heels in love with it. I was given the advice to look at the 4 shades on the right side of the large palettes as they're special shades and if you like them, you'll like the palette. The shadows in the 6-pan minis aren't the same formula. I ordered the mini palette Sublime Bronze Temptation as a trusted BIC member thought it was the closest to  the formula and easy wearing, with the caveats noted in a response below. My next investments will be the larger palettes.

I just bought my first Pat McGrath palette the other day--the Mothership Sublime Bronze Temptation palette (it's one of the 6 pan palettes). It's a fine palette, but for the price and hype and feel like it should be much better than "nice." I found that four of the shades perform very well, but two are just okay (the green apply as vividly as it looks like it should and the darker matte is a little patchy). Overall, the palette just didn't blow me away like I was expecting it would. Maybe I set my expectations to high, idk. Anyway, while I am not exactly thrilled with my first PMG purchase, I am open to trying her brand again to try and see what everyone else is raving about. I have heard many people say that the 10 pan palettes are the way to go. So I haven't decided for sure, but I'm thinking that I may end up returning the mini that I got and then I may possibly shell out the extra money and invest in the Mothership V--that's the one that is really calling my name.

@Johanela I've seen a bunch of PmG palette rankings on YouTube and most people have smaller palettes towards the bottom of the list, as they don't have the special shades PmG is known for. Of the small ones, people seem to like Bronze Ambition and Dark Star the most.

I only own 4 of the large palettes (except the purple one), and my personal take on it is that the blue palette is best for every day use, green palette is perfect for the holiday season, and her latest palette is better suited for a night out as it's extra sparkly.   

PmG is having 25% off sale on her website now, so maybe that will help you justify purchasing a large palette.

RE: Re: Pat McGrath eyeshadows

That does help out a lot thank you!
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing