Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

Experts here !! looking for a palette suggestion for a newbie with medium-tan skin/ dark eyes-almost black, black hair please. I found the UD Naked on sale and with 20% discount so picked it up. Would that be good palette for beginner?

Looking for another one which is slightly different colors than UD Naked.  Was looking at Tarlette in Bloom but wanted to check here first before buying. Since just starting out, wouldn't go to crazy on colors I think (no green, bright blue etc). 

Tagging some of you I have "talked" to in the past @Tamara76 @fieldsofclover @darlyndar 

to get suggestion. I have been MIA for last 6+ month dealing with some serious issues and see a lot f new people. Slowly getting back to somewhat normal life.

RE: Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

Ooo maybe the Anastasia Beverly Hills modern renaissance...ud naked og was the first pallette I ever bought and live it...modern renaissance is completely different but also great for beginners and daily looks!!hope this helped

@Tamara76 I am liking it. Tried couple of things with ABH SoftGlam. Smokey on me and lighter tones on DD. one trial on DD and she didn’t have patience for liner or mascara). Trial with shimmers was in low/bad lighting. I might need to get a diff brush for shimmery shades maybe.

Re: RE: Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

These looks are both so pretty!  I am so glad you like it, @naturalooks15! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Tartlette toasted or in bloom!! They were both my first palette and are super easy to blend and apply. Super pigmented and can created any kind of look 👀

Re: Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

Thanks all for suggestion. I just placed an Ulta order for ABH Soft Glam 🙂 I wish I didn't take this long to decide, all the GWP were gone from my basket in last 4 days LOL

@Tamara76 Thanks for the response. I was again playing with the cart to see if coupon is still working and saw your response on time 🙂 

All, I am not too sure about UD naked now, I feel it might be too greyish for my medium-tan warm skin tone or should I just play with it?

I have option of either keeping the UD naked or keeping the 2 small  sephora palettes in Cookies & Donut

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Miniature Palette

Or

Urban Decay naked 1

@naturalooks15 Ohhhh Can't wait to hear what you think of Soft Glam! ❤️

I am also very warm toned and the original UD Naked and Naked 2 run a little cool for me.  I haven't tried those Sephora mini sets, though, so I can't offer advice there.

Hi, @naturalooks15!  So good to see you back - sorry you've had a rough year, but I'm glad things are getting better! 

UD Naked is a great starter palette.  I also agree with the suggestions for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette - it is great quality and has awesome colors.

Tartelette in Bloom is also a nice starter palette, but my personal fave from Tarte is Toasted - soooo pretty!

Huda Obsessions palettes are also a great option - they are really small and portable, but the formula is great and there are so many color options!

Please let me know what you decide to get!  Good luck! ❤️

yes, I was looking at ABH and Soft Glam looks really good. Today, somehow I also landed on Viseart page and they look great specially the Satin Sultry Muse 12 pan palette. I just want to avoid getting something very similar to UD Naked Original (biger one, not the basic) that I got. 

RE: Re: Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

Viseart has a 12 pan palette that I just got. It is a little more colorful than the UD Naked (which I started out with also). You might enjoy trying some more colors from that. Good luck!!

Re: RE: Re: Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

@FuzBuzz Which Viseart do you have/like?

Hi!

I meant 9 pan. It is the Libertine pallette, it is a little more expensive but high pigment, very easy application and just a good assortment of color. All the advice regarding UD and natural pallettes is also spot on. Just really like these colors and you can incorporate these very lightly to accent. 

@naturalooks15 wrote:

@FuzBuzz Which Viseart do you have/like?

@FuzBuzz Thanks for the name. Now I am obsessing over Viseart palettes though I am not sure that being a total newbie in eyeshadow world I should splurge on Viseart or should I just first learn to use the shadows with the ABH soft glam that I picked up today. 

Probably best to stick with the UD palettes and step up when you feel ready for the Viseart. 

Palette suggestion needed in addition to UD Naked original

I agree, check out the Anastasia palettes. They should suit you well for what you are looking for.

The first Naked UD Basics was my first eyeshadow palette, so definitely good for beginners. You’d be amazed at the different kinds of looks you can achieve (all natural-looking) with 5 colors. I own the Tarte Bloom palette and definitely recommend that one, or the NARS Wanted palette. They both have nice natural/neutral shades with a few out-there shimmer/matte shades that aren’t too wild that would be perfect for experimenting

Thanks @GG84 I like the soft glam. When I saw sultry in store, I felt it had too many high shimmer shadows. UD also has quite a bit of shimmer so need this second one to balance that out with some matt and some shimmers. Bobbi Brown colors look gorgeous but I haven't heard their name much when it comes to eye shadows. Is this new user friendly?

@naturalooks15 Bobbi Brown shadows apply beautifully, they blend well with minimal fall out. It's considered a slightly more premium brand then UD however when it comes to this palette in particular, it doesnt pack the pigement on too much - it allows you to layer; so you can create a softer look or more intense look.

Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
testing