Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Opinions please - Viseart Tryst v Liaison v Rose Edit

I've wanted to work with a Viseart palette for quite some time, however, since none that I am interested in are available to swatch in one of my local stores, I'm having difficulty deciding which palette.  I watched Michelle Wang's reviews on You Tube and am still on the fence between the three.  I already have ABH Soft Glam, Norvina and Prism palettes as well as several singles.  In addition, I have Hourglass Aura and Rapture and a basic Tarte palette.  I like cool neutrals, pinks, blues/purples and feel like I have quite a few warm toned browns already.  Any thoughts or opinions on the palettes I'm considering from individuals who have used them or Viseart in general?  Thoughts about the color story?  Thanks!

viseart for sure!!!

I haven't seen rose edit or tryst in person. I own liaison. Based on the eyeshadows you mentioned, tryst seems to be your safest bet for color story. It will be most similar to what you own, if you are unsure about branching out. The next closest one is rose edit. Still fairly warm toned, compared to liaison, with pops of pink and some purple for color. Liaison is completely different. I own Norvina and I don't like it... it's neutral and gray. Liaison is a true cool palette with more saturated colors when compared to Norvina. The purples are blue and magenta based and the browns have a hint of purple to them. Liaison is what I wanted Norvina to be. I personally don't see the hype behind ABH. I think the color stories are nice, but the shadows themselves are flops. Lots of kickback, gray and dull colors, and shimmers that go flat in 10 seconds. To me, ABH feels like a cheap, not worth your money, version of Viseart. Viseart has kickback and fallout but nothing like ABH. The shimmers are better than ABH, but I think Pat McGrath makes better shimmers. Viseart applies so much better and is 1000x easier to work with. It's not patchy at all, as long as you set your primer with powder (same as ABH). In my own collection, ABH is at the bottom of the pile, and I own about 20 palettes now (1 ABH left after I decluttered). I prefer UD over ABH. I own 3 viseart palettes and I am looking to pick up more this week during the sale. I think Viseart is worth the money, but because it's pricey, go with the one you would get the most use out of.

Re: Opinions please - Viseart Tryst v Liaison v Rose Edit

@sunny1903  -- Thanks for your input.  I appreciate it.  Liaison is a bit out my current comfort zone but I've worn aquamarines, teals, etc. in the past.  I wanted a cool palette and your info definitely helped me in that decision.  Since some of the Viseart palettes went on sale after my post I went ahead and also ordered Tryst - it may be a bit duplicative of what I already have in my ABH palettes but it would be easier to travel with (less worry about the palette opening up in the suitcase).  I went in to pick up DE Lala since I ran out and grabbed Soleil which is very much out of my comfort zone with the yellows but I love the pinks and purples in it.  I think it would be a matter of learning how to work with the last two colors.  I've decided to wait on Rose Edit since I think it may come to my area near the holidays and I'd be able to swatch it in person.  I like the color story and it looks like it would great to use on trips.   In regards to your comment on UD vs ABH, I actually had an allergic reaction to UD so UD isn't an option for me.  I certainly appreciate the insight and I just received notice that my order has shipped...and will arrive in a week. Hopefully, not broken.  Sigh.  I'm excited.  Have you tried Libertine?

You and I are opposite lol. ABH always has one or two sha...

You and I are opposite lol. ABH always has one or two shadows that irritate my eyes. I don't really like the formula (I prefer harder pressed shadows), but I do like their color stories. Viseart is a slightly harder pressed version of ABH. Start with light dips and layers when you use Viseart. You can build up color with Viseart without too much fallout. Some colors only need 1 dip, others need a few layers, but they always have clear true-to-pan colors once built up. Viseart shimmers are a bit finnicky. Some are best applied with a finger, and others should be applied wet. They stay shiny and brilliant all day. I've been going back and forth on Libertine. I really like the color story, but I already own shadows that are very similar in color and finish. I have to consider if these are colors that I will constantly use altogether. If you would like to pick up rose edit in the future, sign up for emails from alcone and muse beauty pro. Both companies offer sales periodically. If I remember correctly, the savings are better from them too. Muse beauty carries rose edit and alcone only carries some of the eyeshadow palettes, still a good website to monitor for sales though.

Re: You and I are opposite lol. ABH always has one or two sha...

@sunny1903  Thanks for all your help and insights.  Truly appreciated!  I appreciate the application tips as well since every brand is just slightly different.  I just signed up for Beautylist so I'll get on Muse and Alcone too.  Thank you again! 🙂 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing