Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Oily Eye Lids - I’ve tried it all - HELP

I’m 46 and my make-up routine has always been the same…eyeliner, mascara, lipliner, gloss. As of the past maybe 8 months or so my eyelids have become extremely oily. By mid-day I find myself looking in the bathroom mirror horrified that I’m rocking mascara all over my lids. It’s like mascara just melts right off after several hours. I don’t wear concealer or eyeshadow (as stated), I’ve tried switching mascara, using primer on my lids, etc. NOTHING WORKS. Help me!

Re: Oily Eye Lids - I’ve tried it all - HELP

I have oily lids too, and the things that have worked for me are the NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (most eye primers do not work but this keeps my shadow on all day/night!) 

And the mascara that stays on me without disappearing is Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara . It’s my holy grail mascara now because nothing else is as lengthening and volumizing and stays all day without smudging, flaking, or just disappearing.

Highly recommend both of these and I have been through your frustrations. Good luck! @ItsMeAimee 

I have tried all types of mascara for oily skin/eyelids and have had this issue all my life. The only successful mascara for me was Blinc and their tube formulation. Good luck. 

#blinc

@ItsMeAimee A tubing mascara might be the way to go if you don’t want to go for waterproof like @shugaray mentioned. I’ve heard really good things about the Thrive Causemetics one.

Have you tried a mascara primer, @ItsMeAimee? I've had good luck with Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml 

I haven’t. I’ll try that. Thank you. Woosa!

@ItsMeAimee Hello! What mascaras have you used? I have extremely oily lids as well and Diorshow waterproof works the best for me. Other waterproof formulas do as well. 

Listing most recent first…

Benefit They’re Rea

Too Faced BTS Waterproof 

Too Faced BTS Volumizing

Marc Jacobs Velvet

KVD Beauty Go Big

Marc Jacobs O!Mega 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors