Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Non smudging mascara?

I’m looking for a non waterproof mascara that has enough staying power to not smudge onto my eyelids. It happens from most mascaras that I have tried.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Non smudging mascara?

I'm switching over to clean products (vegan and cruelty free).  I tried Hourglass Film Noir and am amazed.  It doesn't budge, smudge or flake.  It is easy to remove so hands-down it is my current holy grail mascara.

In the past I used Lancome's Definicils and loved it.  Also had great staying power and tended not to smudge or flake.  

Hourglass Film Noir® Full Spectrum Mascara Onyx

Lancôme Définicils High Definition Lengthening Mascara Black

Non smudging mascara?

I also have the issue. For me the IT cosmetics superhero mascara is great and the Stila Extreme lash. Hope that helps!! @lexingtongirl

Non smudging mascara?

I had the same issue until I started using UD's Perversion mascara. I this almost like a waterproof mascara, but comes off easier. I can be in the heat, humidity, rain, and even get splashed (Splash Mountain at Disneyland) and it doesn't move. Good luck!

Hey there @lexingtongirl!  I am a big believer in tubing mascaras. They actually form little tubes around your lashes and the tubes don’t react with oil, so no smudges!  They are also water resistant (though not water proof) so they can stand up to some sweat and tearing as well without raccoon eyes. You don’t need a special makeup remover to get it off either. Just splash warm water on your lashes to soften it up a little, then use gentle pressure with the side of your finger to slip the tubes off. Often people will think they’ve yanked out lashes, but it’s really just the tubes. I’ve found that this stuff is far gentler than most mascaras on lashes and I’ve experienced far lass brittleness and breakage. Look for descriptions of 360 degree coverage or enveloping to see if a Mascara is of the tubing variety. You won’t get lots of volume, but you will get a nice natural look that’s work appropriate. Some brands I like are Blinc, Kevyn Aucoin, Trish McEvoy and Clinique (their bottom lash Mascara is also a tubing one). Try one out!

Have you tried using a lash primer, @lexingtongirl? My skin leans oily and I have small, hooded eyes so mascara smudging is definitely as issue for me. I've had good luck with using primers before mascara application though! Lancome's is my current favorite. 

I'm surprised to say this, because there have been so many Influenster reviews on it, but I bought the Hourglass Caution myself and have been pleasantly surprised! I usually wear waterproof mascara, but this has been a great alternative. It doesn't bother my contacts, run, or flake onto my face. 

@lexingtongirl I love Lancome Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing