Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

New hourglass mascara thoughts?

The mascara is fairly new so not too sure how many of you have tried it yet. I saw the description say smudge and flake proof. I'm quite skeptical of these claims since I've only been successful with Japanese brand mascaras not smudging. Has anyone tried it yet? Someone that also has a lot of smudging issues with mascara? Thoughts? Is it easy to remove? Please no Influenster reviews .. Thanks!

Re: New hourglass mascara thoughts?

#UseCaution #CautionMascara #contest #complimentary @hourglasscosmetics @Influenster  Doesn’t smudge and feels lightweight!

FA31604F-96DF-4B97-B54D-689F349BD25C.jpeg

Let me tell you, I have STRUGGLY lashes, ok? Nothing ever really works. But THIS mascara gives me so much life every single time. One coat? I’m in heaven. Two coats? Girl you got extensions? THREE COATS? What’s a false lash? THESE ARE MINE! 

I have never been a big mascara fan because nothing ever works but when I tell you this is the bomb.com I MEAN IT! 

I did receive this product for free or complimentary for testing purposes, but when if it was bad I would let you know. I plan to repurchase once it’s empty! 

Let me start by saying.. I did NOT receive this from influenster lol. I grabbed a sample of this online with a 25$ purchase because I wasn't willing to shell out $34.00 CDN for it. I mean, there is nothing wrong with this mascara, but it's not amazing either. I find it didn't do anything for volume. It added a bit of length but I have long lashes already, my problem is they are very thin and sparce. I prefer a mascara that adds lots of volume. I wore the mascara for probably about 8 hours or so and didn;t notice any smudging. But tbh I don't think this mascara is worth the money... there are so many better ones out there that don't cost nearly as much.

I received this mascara complimentary through influenster, but I'm still going to post my honest review... the mascara is fine. It gives great volume, length, and definition. I don't get any fallout or smudging throughout my work day. It can be really clumpy, especially if you don't wipe off all the excess goo before applying. It's incredibly expensive and not at all special enough to justify the price. I will enjoy it while I've got it, but will never purchase it. I could list off 10 other mascaras that cost significantly less and work just as well or better.

Why not Influenster reviews? I give honest reviews no matter where I post them. 

I swear, every time this thread pops up all I can think is...

didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif

😆🙃😂

RE: Re: New hourglass mascara thoughts?

Seriously! OP: “Tell me about this product. No Influenster reviews.” >> 20 million replies: “I got this for free from Influenster, and...”

@quspork Back again this morning! Honestly, with the amount of influenster reviews, it makes me seriously wonder if ANYONE actually purchased this mascara, or if Hourglass just gave away its entire inventory for free 😛 

@MissPuff They must have sent out another round because there seems to be a second wave of them. 

Looks like it's the new trend @quspork @angel7594 😄

Image result for didn't read gif

@veronika23!! For sure. I am archiving this gif too. Surely it will come in handy again, lol.

😄 😄 😄

I think I'm gonna go watch that video now! 😄 😄 😄 @angel7594

Hahaha! Yes, I agree 😂😂

*saving this gif* - hilarious @quspork

Anonymous Insider

9FCDD761-A73B-40F9-8AD6-BE86A5D36510.jpegI LOVE this product! I received it complementary in exchange for my opinion and it's the best mascara I've ever used.  It makes my lashes look long, full, and bold.

It did the job, gave my lashes volume and length well enough and didn't get all smudgy or transfer in spite of not being waterproof on a very hot and humid day (my dewy skin is just sweat for reference) and it also stayed through crying at the movies during Eighth Grade. I liked it but it was not a holy grail or anything. It is good and reliable so I'd recommend it for everyday use but it isn't life changing or anything. The packaging is pretty impressive and feels really luxe if that is a factor for you. Influenster sent me this product for testing purposes but obviously this is my own opinion.IMG_20180818_131433_787.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I personally loved the mascara. I do have naturally long lashes but this mascara just increases them with no clumps or smudges. One thing though is that i'm not sure if it's waterproof or not, but I do have just a little more trouble taking it off than I would with other mascara. I think its 100% worth it! 

I did receive this product for free or complimentary for testing purposes, but my review is 100% honest! 

I would give this 3 out of 5 because to be honest, I don’t love this product.. nor would I spend $30 to purchase this. My eyelashes are naturally long and curled so I can’t really comment on that.. but I can say that it gets the job done just a little too well. It’s very thick and personally I’m not really a fan of that; I prefer a thinner buildable consistency so I can base my look on how I’m feeling that day. I will only use this if I had an event or something going on that I would want a more dramatic look. It definitely smudges and flakes as well.

I received this complimentary from Influenster in exchange for my honest review.

Hey! So I know you didn't want influenster posts, but thought I'd give my two cents. I wore this recently to vegas and went into the pool with it and didn't have a problem with it smudging. I also haven't experienced flaking except maybe once or twice from the past few weeks of trying it out. I definitely don't this this mascara makes you have like fake flashes and voluminous, however I did feel it elongated and did a good job separating my lashes. Found it to be very easy to remove like all my other mascaras. It isn't too thick. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.

@mmmiu I picked up the promo size of the Hourglass Caution mascara and have used it a few times now. My eye lids tend to get oily near my lashline so I often have issue with my mascara smudging - waterproof mascara is my go-to, but I wanted to try the Caution mascara. It was just okay for me.

The first time I had some issues with clumping but I admit that was probably user error. I had less of an issue with clumping the other times I used it, but for me,it's handy to have an eyelash comb around. I find that it wears fairly well, but that it starts smudging after about the 5-6 hour mark - not badly but there's some transfer below my eyes.  For me, it would be something I reach for if I'm going to be out for a few hours or half a day, but because it does smudge a bit, it's probably not something I'd use for an entire day again.

In terms of removal, it was easy to remove - I use Bioderma micellar water before double cleansing, to remove my mascara and other eye makeup and I found that the mascara came off easily.  Hope this helps.  

Anonymous Insider

It takes a few strokes to apply to mascara to get a full glam look. It applies easily, it doesn't flake while applying either like some brands. & I wore mine all night! I ac gr usually fell asleep with it on 😢 & I woke the next day with it intact for the most part.

Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • AC75C4FA-0904-44D5-A538-C5986883BDC3.jpeg
  • EF1E2685-16E5-4571-8FEF-2B0F771A61A5.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20180721-144720_Instagram.jpg
  • 20180711_113009.jpg
  • IMG_9451.JPG
  • 35882673_1555241891252091_1027023154029002752_o.jpg
  • 411C2E3E-23FD-4F92-9BAC-AFF6EA02AFEB.jpeg
  • AC5809EC-96D2-46A2-9C8B-2C24245C5EAF.png
  • IMG_0342.jpg
  • 931F8D1C-063C-4A9C-9871-4CB1C176D467.jpeg