From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

New (and old) Favorite Fall Palettes, Liners & Looks?

Now that it's cooling down nights & mornings here, I'm starting to feel the fall for 2020. Thinking of pulling my ABH Subculture and some burgundy mascara out of storage. And I recently got CD's Rustic Glam, which should be great for some foliage-inspired makeup. Looking forward to some hunter green liner too. 

What's your new (or old) fave palette for Autumn? How do you use those colors? What are the special touches you add to make the looks? I'm dying to know. 

Re: New (and old) Favorite Fall Palettes, Liners & Looks?

Hi @heavyhedon ,

I love the Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette  for the fall time! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT 

Janean-- do you have a fave fall look for that TF palette? Pics allowed, but optional 🙂 The colors are stunning, I've seen them in person.

RE: New (and old) Favorite Fall Palettes, Liners & Looks?

ABH renaissance palette , Natasha mini gold , urban decay naked cherry 🍒

Re: RE: New (and old) Favorite Fall Palettes, Liners & Looks?

@jessie416 Oh, the whole Naked Cherry collection sounds perfect for the season. I'm still hoping to grab a couple of the liners and lipsticks, AND that palette!

Hi - Tati Beauty Textured Neutrals Vol I has some great orange and brown shades perfect for fall. Also Marc Jacobs High-liners have a few colors that will complement these looks.

@BeijingGirl1990 -- Tati's textures + those colors would be amazing! Never got my hands on that palette. I didn't realize MJ had such colorful liners now! I love UD's 24/7 liners, but those MJ shades, mmm.

I don't have it anymore because it was so very old, but Modern Renaissance used to be one of my favorites for fall. Soft Glam is a good replacement, though you miss out on those deeper pink and red tones from MR. I'm also obsessed with the oranges and grungy greens/browns from Urban Decay Born to Run (plus it's currently 50% off at UD). Smog and Wanderlust are perfection! *chef's kiss*

And then there are my beloved Natasha Denona palettes. I love Biba all year long, but those creamy mattes in the top two rows particularly scream "fall" to me. Gold is a contender but I don't use it as frequently anymore, and of course I'm really excited to play with the new Bronze palette in the coming weeks. 

@tastelikewater --Oh, Biba would be great for fall to me too. I can see how that row would be especially seasonal.

BTR has so many great colors for those golden late afternoons, doesn't it?

@heavyhedon @I like Too Faced Gingerbread and Gingerbread spice palette, Makeup Geek Pumpkin spice palette and Natasha Denona bronze palette 

Wish they would bring back that original Gingerbread, @SportyGirly125 , but all of those are pretty and full of warm shimmers that make me think of candlelight and cider and all things autumnal. Even Sweet Peach has some good shades for that. What's your fave shade in the Makeup Geek palette???

@heavyhedon @I love Cocoa Bear which is now named Cheetah Bear but also love Roulette 

@heavyhedon The owner Marlena changed the name of Cocoa Bear. There’s a story behind it. 

@SportyGirly125 Just looked them both up-- Roulette is beautiful. Cheetah Bear is OMG, what perfect undertones! One of those browns to buy a whole palette for... I have to say, I agree with the original name a little more. 

@heavyhedon Fall is my favorite time of year.  I guess I will have to purchase new palettes with fall colors.😀

Bad me, I keep forgetting I have barely touched my new ND Mini Retro palette-- 

I like to update with a new go-to seasonal look every now & then 😉

@tjffc .

@heavyhedon Love the deep warm shades of Subculture for autumn 🙂

@pocketvenus --Me too, and that deep teal shade calls my name, when leaves start to fall. It reminds me of a suede coat my sister used to wear, in fall...

Hi @heavyhedon!

For fall, I like bronze/ gold palettes like Natasha Denona Bronze Eyeshadow Palette or burgundy/wine colors from palettes like Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette – Peaches and Cream Collection or Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette.

The Just Peachy palette is super easy to use for beginners since the colors go in order from lightest on the left and darkest on the right.

Some other ones I've wanted to try are Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette and KVD Vegan Beauty Lolita Por Vida Eyeshadow Palette.

For day looks, I usually go with a little bit of shimmer unless I'm going somewhere, then I might use glitters.  For night looks, I like darker brown/burgundy looks with glitter shadows.  I personally can never go without a winged liner look since I feel bare without it after doing the look for 13 years, but I'm trying to stray from that when I use eyeshadow 😅

Falsies are a must for me when I use eyeshadows.

I also like to see the fall Pantone colors of the year.  I see the DC palette has some colors similar to this years fall colors like Desert Queen, Evil Eye, and Rose Tan.  They might look a bit different when actually used but I'd say the palette has some great looking fall colors!

@RAWRitsRED --

Ooh, some nice choices there. I've been thinking about that ND Bronze since seeing so much of it in the eyeshadow challenge thread. And the Peach mattes from TF, I've wanted that palette since it came out. Actually, any and all of those, but I do have Modern Romance. It's perfect for this time of year. 

Do tell more....

Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing