Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

New Tarte Tartelette Toasted Palette or UD Naked Heat?!

Hey lovelies!

Omg have you guys seen the new Tartelette Toasted palette?!  It's so gorgeous!  I've been waiting MONTHS for this to come out.  I've been trying to decide between Naked Heat or Tartelette Toasted.  I know Toasted won't be out at Sephora until the end of October, but just wanted to get your thoughts on which palette would be more versatile.  

I tend to go for a more natural look for day to day, but I've been wanting a warm toned palette to experiment with.  I'm quite tanned (from San Diego, hey!) with warm undertones.

Thanks for your help!  Can't wait to get my hands on one of these ❤️

Re: New Tarte Tartelette Toasted Palette or UD Naked Heat?!

I like the naked heat palette better 🙂

I so wanna get the tarte toasted. Almost did order from their website and then thought "well if it will get released at sephioa in time for vib rouge sale, i'll snatch it at 20% off". What do you think guys,what are the chances of that?🤔

Yes!  Awesome idea!  Tarte's website had a 20% off deal yesterday and I was SO close to purchasing Toasted.  Then at checkout, they said the code wasn't valid for Toasted.... so now I'm leaning towards Heat again.  It's so hard to decide!

I tried that as well..so I also skipped hoping I could get it during the vib sale

I have the same game plan.  Have your cart ready and pull the trigger right when the sale starts.  Your chances should be good 😘

I found it in one of my local Sephoras, so I imagine it'll be available widely by the time the sale happens.

I swatched them side by side. Tarte is on top and UD Naked Heat is on the bottom. Heat is definitely redder in tone and I would say darker. It's hard for me to get day time looks out of it because I'm so fair. I think I could get easier looks out of the tarte palette. But you're darker, so UD might work great for you. They both have a couple chalky mattes, and they both have some gorgeous shimmers. If you're looking for something with a ruddier tone, go for UD. If you have oilier lids, you might enjoy the tarte formula better.IMG_20171016_182929860~3.jpg

IMG_20171016_183009741~3.jpg

I'd go with the UD heat palette. I have the heat palette and several tarte palettes and I personally prefer UD eye shadows over tarte in general. Like the other posters pointed out, tarte is hit or miss, and I find some of their palettes lacking in pigment, although the colors are usually gorgeous. Another option is the Huda desert dusk palette. so beautiful and pigmented! It has all those warm, fall hues and some other beautiful options as well. Definitely one of my favorites, rivaling the UD heat palette.

I looked into Huda desert dusk too, but I don't think if I'll go for those brighter pink shadows.. it looks a bit weird on my skin tone.  Too cool?

Modern Renaissance was another option too, but I heard the fall out was a bit much.

Personally I love the Naked Heat palette.  I've found tarte eyeshadows to be very hit or miss (although the palette does look fantastic).  I'm very fair and I'm able to make all of the Naked palettes go from perfect for work to drag queen perfection when required, so I would think that it would work.  The issue I've had with tarte is that they just don't appear as pigmented as my other palettes. 

All of this being said I'll wrap it up with my normal disclaimer: all makeup depends on what works for you.  You may have better luck blending products than I do.  You have a different skin tone than I do so products will obviously appear differently on you than they do on me.  Plus, having an excuse to go play in Sephora is never a bad thing. 🙂 

tarte shadows have been very hit and miss for me too. everyone talks about how their mattes are the most blendable, but I find them rather hard to blend and dry.

Anonymous Insider

id say the urban decay heat!! i rock it year round and fi...

id say the urban decay heat!! i rock it year round and find myself reaching for it. tarte is cheaper but the pigment and formula in UD hasnt failed me. i know the tartes are hit and miss with some people.
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • IMG_20171016_182929860~3.jpg
  • IMG_20171016_183009741~3.jpg
  • Credit: Trendmood1
testing