Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

New Palette Debate- Naked3

Hello! I am relatively new to makeup and am starting to become a little more adventurous with my makeup and adding some eyeshadow!!

I have two palettes of my own that I've been experimenting with: Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes and Too Faced White Peach.

(I am pretty confident with these now and I really love them!)

For my birthday my sister got me the Too Faced Pretty Rich Palette (for parties and events and all things GLITTER) and the Naked 3 Palette.

However, I am getting REALLY mixed reviews for the Urban Decay shadows. I like the colour story of the palette and the cool undertones but I am hesitant about the quality and the lack of versatility.

What are your opinions about the Naked 3... should I exchange it and do you have any suggestions for what I could exchange it for??? (I was looking at Tartelette In Bloom and ABH Soft Glam) I am also open to any feedback on the Pretty Rich Palette!

Re: New Palette Debate- Naked3

I love the Naked3, @fmeng6540. It's one of my go-to palettes in the summer for daytime wear. I've never had any issues with pigmentation.

Conversely, Tarte shadows never really work for me. They always seem chalky and get muddled on my skin.

RE: New Palette Debate- Naked3

Gotta say I’m not a fan of the Naked palettes. I’ve got #2 and barely use it. If you’ve used pigmented formulas, the Nakeds are a bit harder to work with. For daily wear, maybe something a bit more sheer is what you’re looking for, though? It’d be nice to have a “cheaper” palette around to play with while you’re learning.

Re: RE: New Palette Debate- Naked3

Thanks for the response! I was worried I wouldn't get much use out of the palette and although it was a gift, I do not want to be wasteful with such an expensive palette. Maybe I will look into trying a dupe version first to see how I feel about the colours. 

New Palette Debate- Naked3

I personally love the naked 3 palette. The colors are definitely more neutral, "everyday" sorts of colors, but I've had no issues with color payoff or anything. This is a look I did with it recently. I use TF Shadow Insurance as a base, and had good luck with longevity.

Thanks for the feedback! I do like how neutral the palette is, I am a fan of very subtle day to day shadows. Also the example is very helpful! I LOVE your eye shadow... very pretty:)

Hi! I used to love the urban decay palettes! I do find however they aren’t the most pigmented! I highly love and suggest anything from ABH! Their soft glam palette I think is a must have for any beauty lover! You get pigment, beautiful colour story, and all colours blend seamless together !

Thanks so much!! I’m thinking that ABH might be the better option for me to get the best value!

Hi @fmeng6540!

My friend has the Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Naked3 and loves the colors.  Since they're light colors, she's able to use it everyday for a natural look.  It's definitely not pigmented enough for glam looks.

I love the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette.  I have the cult favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette and it's amazing as well.

One of my favorite palettes is the HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette.  The colors are super pigmented and beautiful.  It's great for natural and glam looks for day and night.  This is more on the warm side compared to the Naked3.

There's also some Colourpop palettes found on their website.  Some similar ones to the Naked3 are Blush Crush, Baby Got Peach, and Miss Bliss.

@RAWRitsRED Great overview of palettes. 

RE: Re: New Palette Debate- Naked3

Thanks so much for the great reply😊. I was a little worried about the pigment for the Naked3 palette cause I want it to be as versatile as possible, so it’s really nice to get an honest second opinion. I’ve heard about the Modern Renaissance palette and it looks absolutely gorgeous but I have a lot of similar colours already so I think I will wait on that one. It is good to hear that Anastasia eyeshadows are a favourite though! I think Sift Glam is looking like a strong exchangeoption. I have looked at the Huda beauty palette and it’s soooo nice but a little out of my price range lol... maybe a splurge one day! I have also heard about ColourPop and have always wanted to try so thank you for the great palette suggestion!

Re: RE: Re: New Palette Debate- Naked3

@fmeng6540 

Glad I could help!  A lot of the better quality palettes are more expensive but really worth it!

You could check the sale section, too.  If you're lucky, you might find a really good one on sale for a week or so.  I found the HUDA BEAUTY Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette on sale earlier this month, and I've also snagged the SEPHORA COLLECTION MOSCHINO + SEPHORA Laptop Palette for half off!

Also, there's a new thing called Beauty Insider Cash where you can use 500 points to get $10 off your purchase!

Re: RE: Re: New Palette Debate- Naked3

@RAWRitsRED Love Huda! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
testing