Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Need a new eye palette.

I have several destination weddings coming up and I really want to do my own makeup. I would like an eye palette that I can use for day look.. evening looks and party looks. What does this fabulous community recommend?

Re: Need a new eye palette.

Can you be more specific?  What is your coloring and your undertone?  Do you like small or bigger palettes (especially with travel)?  Any brands you love or hate?  What types of looks do you like?

Not sure what your budget is but this one looks beautiful... I personally love Marc Jacobs eyeshadows 😉

http://www.sephora.com/style-eye-con-no-20-eyeshadow-palette-P410899?skuId=1838150&icid2=products%20...

RE: Need a new eye palette.

@ayishaq a complete palette would be any LORAC PRO Palette.

Hm that would depend on what of shadows you prefer. Urban Decay Naked 2&3 are good options. Kat Von D shade + light eye contour palette is great any occasion. NARS loaded eyeshadow palette is another great palette with tons of options for day or night. The Tarte palettes are good choices too.

If you do like the warmer tones for eyes....the ABH modern Renaissance palette is a great one as it is fairly priced at 42 dollars [I think] and comes with beautiful colors and just that palette alone can be used for a complete look. The shadows are very blend-able and can use the various colors accordingly to make day time as well as nighttime looks. Bonus is that they wear for a long time as long as you use a primer!

I am not sure what I did wrong with the renaissance palette. I didn't love it 😕 I ended up returning it.

Without knowing what kind of colors you prefer, my general advice from collecting eyeshadow palettes for many years is that I would recommend buying a basic matte palette (like the Urban Decay Naked Basics) and then buy some spectacular shimmery or glittery eyeshadows separately. I rarely find the perfect palette with everything I love included, especially in the shades that suit me best, you know what I mean 😉  Nine times out of ten I start my eye look with the above mentioned UD in the crease and such, and then top my look with a Colourpop Super Shock sparkly metallic lid color. With all of the "high end" makeup I own, I reach for my Colourpop shadows at least 6 days a week for the "wow" in my eye look. Everyone is different though... good luck and I hope you get some awesome recommendations 🙂

@ayishaq What sorts of tones/shades do you prefer? Do you like cooler toned or warmer toned shadows? Also what finish? More mattes/shimmers? Let us know so we can help you accordingly 😃

RE: Re: Need a new eye palette.

I would love a palette with a mixture of both mattes and shimmers. Also I prefer warmer tones. I did have the modern renaissance one but I returned it. Wasn't for me. Help?
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing