Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

Need a good mascara

My eyelashes are very light (I'm blonde) and barely visible on their own. I'm looking for a mascara that is preferably under $30, but I will be willing to spend more if it's really good. I've used covergirl and clinique in the past, and they just aren't making my eyelashes stand out as much as I'd like. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Need a good mascara

Yes about Fiberwig drying out Smiley Happy, it wasn't a total dealbreaker for me but did suck a bit.

It was great how the fibers made my lashes look uber-lengthy!  But for nearly $25 a tube, I think it should've held out for at least 6 weeks.  Smiley Mad  LOL!

It depends on what kind of lashes you are looking for to get at the end. Volumizing? Lengthening? Defining?

I personally prefer volume and deep rich color. So, on a higher end, I really like Buxom mascara (the regular one), Lancome Hypnose Drama, and Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill. As far as drugstore mascaras go, I've heard many people had great results with Maybelline mascaras (but I am personally not a fan), while I actually enjoy using Covergirl (even though it takes a couple of coats to make me happy), and Revlon Photoready 3D Volume.

If you are looking for a really good mascara that is cheap, I highly recommend ELF's Mineral Infused Mascara at Target! It's $3 and honestly is my favorite mascara. The brush is great!13586133.jpg

That brush does look great if it really grabs and combs! Smiley Very Happy

My all time favorite is the Loreal Voluminous. It is in a horrible looking grey and gold tube or if you want ultra black it is in the black and gold tube but I'm telling you, magic comes from that tube. I wouldn't waste my money on expensive mascara, it goes bad quickly and honestly, drugstore is just as good. Some more favorites are Maybelline's Lash Stiletto and Maybelline's Colossal. If you are set on going higher end, Benefit's Their Real works great. 

Diorshow waterproof has been my favorite for many years and is my first choice, but I recently tried Ardency Inn's Punker Unrivaled Volume & Curl Lash Wax and really am growing to love it.  I also like Guerlain's refillable mascara Noir G Mascara And Refill Set, but it is a bit expensive.

http://www.sephora.com/diorshow-waterproof-mascara-P99901?skuId=838763

http://www.sephora.com/punker-unrivaled-volume-curl-lash-wax-P382243?skuId=1537208

http://www.sephora.com/noir-g-mascara-refill-set-P310318?skuId=1421858

My favorites are Diorshow, Diorshow Iconic Overcurl, Guerlain Maxilash, and Too Faced Better than Sex.   Love all of these!

That is amazing!!!! Thanks Smiley Happy

There are two really awesome ones, and, no more then about $20. One is Benefits, They're Real Mascara. The other is Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! They are both Lengthening, Volumizing, curling and nourishing.

I have super light eyelashes as well, and finding a good mascara is definitely a process. I mainly use Buxom Lash Mascara or Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara, but I'll also use benefit They're Real! and BadGal Lash sometimes for extra emphasis. For a good overall coverage and/or a base mascara, I suggest Buxom. It has a nice wide brush, catches every lash, and is one of those you can just put on and go, no extra make-up needed. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll gives your eyes that false lash look, which makes it a great nighttime mascara, and even daytime. Both are very nice, easy to use, and are within your price range. Buxom Lash is $19, and Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll is $30.

My favorites are guerlain maxi lash and toofaced better than sex. I have thin light eyelashes and they both give volume and have a nice thick black color. 

upload_5527088879315025158.jpgupload_2172354076436874654.jpgI personally love Chanel Volume de Chanel mascara - so far I'm in love with it , and I have been using it for over 6 months now!! I have tried mascaras by MAC, Benefit, Lancôme (and Hypnose by them is still my favorite for more natural look), and drug store mascaras; and Chanel one wins over all of them!

I have average lashes and I do wish they were super long , but it is what it is; I have to work with what I have. This mascara does not smudge and stays put all day. Also its very lengthening and volumizing without making lashes look spidery.  I have it in Black and Prune (my eyes are green and the burgundy brown shade makes the green look even brighter.).

Also as a suggestion you can make most mascaras work without a problem if you use a white lash primer!! Smiley Wink

Thank you everyone! You're all being so helpful. I'm still trying to decide between all your suggestions Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • upload_9064016132393663750.jpg
  • upload_5614980035958728098.jpg
  • upload_9085062509734922119.jpg
  • upload_1957457030261257479.jpeg
  • upload_7294732541797699897.jpg
  • 37741-eyelashcomb-0.jpg
  • 13586133.jpg
  • upload_5527088879315025158.jpg
  • upload_2172354076436874654.jpg