cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|

Need Brow HELP!

I need help.

I suffer from the mistakes of my youth, and have overplucked eyebrows. I have the first bit of eyebrow but then it stops just before the arch and barely any hair after. It has been my biggest embarrassment for 10+ years and I feel so self conscious.

I've tried different products and can't find anything that gives the illusion of natural brows without making them look overfilled.

I have blonde hair and have been using taupe coloured pencils, although I find some of them to be too yellow hued. Light brown tends to be somewhat dark for me.

If you could give me any tips, tricks, recommendations, ANYTHING! I would be so grateful.

Please also note that I don't wear a ton of makeup as I'm not that good at it. I'd love to learn though. Recommendations for youtube tutorials welcome also 🙂

TIA to anyone who can make me feel more confident with my barely there brows.

Note: I know microblading is an option, I'm not quite ready to go that route... yet.

Re: Need Brow HELP!

Hi! I also had this problem for a few months, and have had trichotillomania since I was very young. I have also found that castor oil helps and If you're still overplucking them you just have to stop the bad habit and be patient and wait. I understand how you feel, because I dealed with the same thing and just want to tell you not to worry and you are amazing! 

Castor oil helps! I also overplucked as a teenager and have very sparse ends. I started using Kate blanc cosmetics castor oil a few months ago and my brows (and lashes!) have definitely grown. You have to be consistent and use it every night or every other night for a few months for you to notice anything. They don’t sell Kate blanc at Sephora so go to their direct site to buy- it’s only $12 for a bottle. I use a tiny bit of castor oil on a fine eyeliner brush and brush onto my brows and lashes. I swear it works! 

I overplucked as a teenager too and started using latisse on my eyelashes and thought “why not” and started slapping it on my brows too. It feel like it has helped. It didn’t make as crazy of a difference as my eyelashes but I found a definite benefit from it. 

Anonymous Insider

Need Brow HELP!

I have this exact problem. I have found that castor oil promotes hair growth. Just use a Q-tip and wipe over your brows. I leave it on over night. The castor oil is really sticky like tree sap, so I recommend mixing it with coconut or olive oil to make clean up and application easier. Hope this helps!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing