Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Mothership Down

Spoiler
I've been watching the Pat McGrath Mothership palettes for 2 years waiting for a point where I had the money and the guts to drop $125 on eyeshadow. Bit the bullet last week as a late birthday gift to myself and proceeded to look at shipping/arrival dates 5 times a day until she came today. Astral Gold Lust is loose and out of the pan. I had an inkling when I saw the box was dented. I also got the ND Sunset palette on sale, and she was in another box in bubble wrap. Mothership X was in her art packaging but nothing sturdy enough to protect her during shippi g. I may be overreacting cause with a cheaper palette I'd just press it back into the pan, but I also know that it's not going to be the same and I will lose product. Should I try to exchange or suck it up? $125 is a lot to suck up in my opinion, but the anxiety of shipping back and then waiting for a replacement already has an ache in my chest.
Spoiler

Re: Mothership Down

Hi @BettyBeep .  It’s so disappointing for that to happen.  But no, do not suck it up.  Call customer service and let them know what happened.  If you can get to a Sephora store even better.  But don’t settle.  I am going to bet that you worked hard to  earn the money you spent on your pallet.  Get a replacement.

@BettyBeep  I agree with @SportyGirly125 : definitely request an exchange, especially if you have a local Pat McGrath-stocked Sephora store (assuming you ordered from Sephora) and can get a new one in person. I've had a few brands' palettes ship with broken shades or completely loose/floating pans from Sephora, so I feel your frustration and related anxiety. But don't settle for a broken Mothership. 🙂 

Once you have your new Moonlit Seduction, I hope you enjoy it, as well as your Natasha Denona palette! 

@BettyBeep For the price contacr customer service to get a new one.  Or see if a store has it in stock near you.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing