Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara that doesn’t end up under my eyes within 4 hours...?

Any suggestions ? I really want to find a mascara that stays on my lashes!! I hope I’m not the only one that experiences this problem 😕 I’ve already tried, -Too Faced, “Better than sex” -Benefit Cosmetics, “They’re real” -Benefit Cosmetics, “BadGal”

Re: Mascara that doesn’t end up under my eyes within 4 hours...?

Hi @Perizatf,

If you find that several mascaras run on your eyes within a couple of hours, look into a mascara primer. A mascara primer will not only thicken your lashes, but help your mascara stay on longer. I recommend the DIOR - Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple volume plumping lash primer.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: Mascara that doesn’t end up under my eyes within 4 hours...?

I think the better then sex is for more volume which will clump easily so maybe look into lengthening mascaras I hope it helps

Lights camera action by tarte is great. So is wander beauty mascara it doesn’t ever get in my eyes I love both! The wander is a little hard for me to apply to the bottom lashes but other then that it’s great also maybe try a mascara primer if you haven’t already I love the one by Lancôme

I highly recommend Smashboxes Super fan fanned our Mascara! Doesn’t clump lashes, but lengthens and makes your lashes full! As well as it has no smudge! I wear that mascara everyday and I have never had to deal with wiping under my eyes! It simply does not fall off lashes! No under eye Mascara with this this one! Anyways... hope this helps!

I highly recommend Nars climax or Tarte light camera lashes, they are both amazing and last all day!

@Perizatf Nothing more embarrassing than discovering those raccoon eyes AFTER a business meeting or party!  I have the same problem as you and finally ended up resorting to tubing mascaras.   Tubing mascaras have polymers that wrap around each individual lash in “tubes” and unlike regular mascaras actually come off with just warm water (no waterproof makeup remover needed!).  I love how low-maintenance they are, but the downside is the effect tends to be more natural than dramatic.

Some tubing mascaras carried by Sephora are ESTéE LAUDER - Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara

KEVYN AUCOIN - The Volume Mascara

Blinc Original Tubing Mascara Black

or if you want to try a drugstore brand, L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes is one of my tried and true favorites.

Sometimes using a lash primer with regular mascara helps but it's unpredictable so for work I always make sure to use tubing mascara.  Another alternative is a mascara top coat.  Just like a nail polish top coat, it forms a tough protective layer over any mascara and prevents smudging or flaking.  They're hard to find though.  Right now the only ones I know of are Clarins Double Fix and NYX Proof It.

Anastasia and Bare Minerals used to make top coats too but for some reason theyve been discontinued 😞

The Lancome Monsieur Big mascara works well for me and also the mascaras by Blinc hold up. (I have watery eyes and allergies!) I also find that applying a mascara primer helps to hold onto my mascara and also hold the curl a little better! Good luck!

I have had AWESOME results with Lancome Hypnose. Also, Urban Decay Troublemaker. And I have watery eyes, so hopefully this helps.

Hi @Perizatf,

I suggest checking out the Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL and the tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black I don't seem to have issues with smudging when it comes to these mascaras. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Re: Mascara that doesn’t end up under my eyes within 4 hours...?

Thank you so much for your reply!! I didn’t think anyone was going to actually reply😅 I will look into those recommendations! Your suggest are incredibly helpful!!❤️

I second using a primer, like Lancome's Cils Booster, @Perizatf. It helps keep all of my mascaras smudge-proof. The ones you listed also have "wetter" formulas, so I'd recommend checking out some others that are a touch "drier," like Lancome's Monsieur Big. 

I've been on this hunt for a while myself.  The two that I have had success with are the  Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 9.4 g

It's a dryer formula, so it does not smudge.  I just started trying the Too Faced D*** Girl mascara (which Sephora won't let me link because it is a "Bad Word")

This is a wet formula which gives a dramatic lash look, but is harder to remove at the end of the day.  

I’ve been using Urban Decay Perversion for the last few years - it never ends up under my eyes and I wear during my almost daily sweaty dance workouts. I love that it doesn’t move and it’s VERY black. It’s not waterproof so it comes off easily with makeup remover as well

You may have to try a lash primer like DIOR - Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple volume plumping lash primer, Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer 0.28 oz/ 8.5 mL, or Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml. That way your lashes have something extra to grip to! 

My favorite mascaras though are the Urban Decay Perversion Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.4 oz/ 12 mLand the NARS Climax Mascara Explicit Black

Ha! Totally agree re Urban Decay Perversion and I also like the Dior primer, but the UD stays on for me during workouts even without the primer (in case too lazy to put that on but I do like the false lash effect the primer provides)

@Perizatf I use YVES SAINT LAURENT - The Shock Volumizing Mascara, Origins Ginzeng mascara and Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing