Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara for contact lens

I have tried many mascaras, any advice for contact lens wearers

Re: Mascara for contact lens

Hi @lrbenn,

I use the Lancôme CILS booster mascara primer.  It goes on white, you need to apply to the lashes and even get to them really low and work your way up slowly, they will go up and will be covered and looking good, then apply the mascara.  In my experience one of the Lancôme mascaras are the best choice, (choose depending on your preference), you can use other mascaras with it, however the Lancôme ones apply beautifully and don’t really have any issue, (don’t flake, don’t get in your eyes, etc.  There are often buy a Lancôme mascara & get the primer with it for free, it’s a great time of year to try them out, also on this site there is a set of four different Lancôme mascaras, for a great price, so you can try them out to see what you prefer.  Just make sure to use the primer first, it might take a few times to get used to it, once you do, end of your problem!

I hope this helps,

SuzieQ

Mascara for contact lens

This is my personal experience as a contact lens wearer: 1. Stay away from waterproof, fiber, and mascaras with fragrance. Waterproof is ok for special occasions, but not for everyday. Fibers and fragrances are too irritating. 2. Don't get too much mascara on your waterline/lash roots. It'll migrate into your eyes and onto the surface of your lenses. Dirty lenses will scratch your eyeballs and the insides of your eyelids leading to irritation (and possibly an eye infection- especially if you rarely take your lenses out to clean them). A little bit getting into your eyes is normal, but contact lens wearers have to be extra careful. 3. Look for mascaras that don't take too long to dry/set. As you know, the contacts make our eyes very dry if we don't blink when we need to. Needing to blink while your mascara is still wet is almost worse than needing to pee right when your flight lands... and you're taxing behind 15 other planes to get to the gate. 4. Buy a mini tube (or tubes) of a mascara that you want to try, and finish it before you buy a full size. Try several minis before you decide on "the one." I like the sephora Lash Stash sets for sampling. I'll almost always get a mascara 100 point perk or redeem a promo code for a mascara sample if I can. Even if I am currently using an awesome mascara, I'm always on the lookout for other options too. You never know if your current favorite will go temporarily of stock, out of production entirely, or get reformulated. 5. Consider "seasonal" mascara. I prefer Glossier's Lash Slick in the summer/warmer months because it is a very light and gentle formula. In the winter/colder months I like MAC's False Lashes Extreme Black. It's a bit thicker and more dramatic for fall/winter eye makeup... but still gentle enough for me. 6. Don't automatically assume that a "clean" or Dermatologist recommended brand is the best. I personally cannot wear any Neutrogena, any Almay, or most of Clinique's mascaras. Those are usually among the brands that get the most universal praise among contact lens wearers. Clinique's lash primer feels like sawdust in my eyes; however, my mother cannot stand to wear mascara without the Clinique lash primer. She wears contacts too... AND uses prescription eye drops for chronic dry eye! Good luck! ❤

That’s allot of help thank you so Much 

What type of issue are you having, @lrbenn? I've been a mascara/contact wearer for years and don't usually have a specific problem, but everyone is different!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing