Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara compliment

Hey, you know when putting on mascara after a bit it rubs under your eyes making dark circles? Is there a product that can be paired with your mascara to avoid this from happening?

Re: Mascara compliment

@SarahAnne6 using a waterproof mascara helps too. The last mascara I used didn't say waterproof.

@SarahAnne6 

Its your mascara formula unfortunately. No tips or tricks will work, it’s the mascara itself. Some just flake off and smudge. I had this exact problem with Lancôme Monsieur Big Extreme 0.33 oz/ 10 mL mascara, I always use Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml with any mascara but this formula just smudged and flaked like no tomorrow. I ended up throwing it out after 2 days. 

@SarahAnne6 you can try lash primer like Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml under your mascara. 

What helps me is to apply a little powder over my eyelids as a base and then apply my mascara on top.  I haven't had any issues with my mascara transferring.  I use Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 1 Asphalt Black and don't use a lash primer.  I guess you can test it out and see what works for you.

Hi @SarahAnne6!

You can use a mascara primer before applying mascara.  I use CLINIQUE Lash Building Primer but there are many others like the Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml and Dior Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple volume plumping lash primer 

I also take a clean spoolie and run it through my lashes to remove any loose mascara clumps.

Hey try a tubing mascara such as hourglass unlocked or thrive’s mascara (not sold here) or Clinique has a couple too. They simply come off in little tubes in warm water and never smudge after setting a couple minutes. I think DHC has one too, I started using the Clinique lash power years ago and I simply can’t use regular mascara anymore it’s so awesome. No raccoon eyes ever. Never! Hope that helps 😊

Hey! ooh okay and you find it helps to have a primer? do you end up getting the darkness under your eyes from the mascara? and for the clean spooly where do you get those?

Thanks,

@SarahAnne6 

The primer helps keep the mascara on and prevents mascara from transferring on to my skin.

I used to get spoolies for free at the Sephora stores but I don't think they have them out now.

You could clean/wash an old mascara wand and use that instead.

Another option is to buy one.  The SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic Double Ended - Filler & Spoolie #208 and SEPHORA COLLECTION Makeup Match Brow Brush are basic, cheap ones (supposed to be for brows).  You can definitely find a cheaper one on Amazon.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing