Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara That Won't Smudge Under the Eyes and is Not Waterproof

I'm someone with incredibly oily skin and have always stuck to waterproof mascaras, but I'm always scared of it being bad for my lashes. I've heard that tubing mascaras were good, but I also have super straight lashes so I was wondering if there were any that would give my lashes the volume and maintain its curls? 

Thank you! 🙂 

Tags:

Re: Mascara That Won't Smudge Under the Eyes and is Not Waterproof

Have you tried using a lash primer? I have issues with smudging as well, but with a primer under my mascara, I can use almost any mascara with minimal rubbing off. 

Oh I should try that! do you have recommendations for any good ones? thank you! 

@qusporkwrote:

Have you tried using a lash primer? I have issues with smudging as well, but with a primer under my mascara, I can use almost any mascara with minimal rubbing off. 

@jane1222  The Lancome is my favorite. I've also tried the Dior and Smashbox. Both were ok, but I feel like I get better volume with the Lancome. I"ve been meaning to check out the L'Oreal version since it would save a bit of money, but haven't gotten around to it yet. 🙂

Edit to add the link to the Lancome: https://www.sephora.com/product/cils-booster-xl-super-enhancing-mascara-base-P128706?skuId=852939&ic...

Hi @jane1222,

If tubing mascaras and waterproof mascaras won’t work for you, maybe you could try using more setting powder under your eyes (like “baking”) so that area doesn’t get as oily and cause the mascara to smudge.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing