Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Marc Jacobs Beauty

I watched a Marc Jacobs beauty video and the make up artist put the gel highliner all over the eyelid. I was interested in doing a similar look. Would putting the highliner all over the lid extend the wear of my eyeshadow, or would I need to use an eye primer before hand?

Tags:

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty

Can you link the video?  I want to see what color and how the artist is using it.  Some people use eyeliners or paint pots as base.  It may or may not work, but that usually depends on how oily your lids are and the quality of shadow you're placing on top.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IUbkwhG8Q

I currently use all MAC products, and was looking into other brands to try. 

I have always been interested in trying a liner on my lids under eyeshadow. Usually I've seen it done with dark liners and lighter shadows but this look is great. And that Marigold highliner has been on my loves list for some time. Perhaps once I start wearing makeup again, I may finally get it! 🙂

P.S. I have a few other highliners and I find that they have great staying power so I wonder if I could use it on my lids without a primer. However, I have oily lids and always use a primer but still sometimes get creasing. But who knows, maybe if I use the highliner without primer, it may work. Thanks for sharing this video!!

He mentions in the video that he put concealer around her eyes (which I take to mean the under and over).  Some people swear that works, but it does not work for me.  Concealer does not keep my creasing at bay.  It is possible the model does not have oily lids.  Now that I've watched that video, I found yet another palette I must buy.

MAC shadows are hit or miss for me.  I sometimes get creasing even with NARS pro prime, which is my HG. I've never creased with Marc Jacobs shadows, although I do not YET own the specific palette in the video.  I need that Highliner, too.  The formula is amazing to work with, but I do not YET own the color in the video.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing