Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Makeup brush

1. hi guys! If you are given an option to choose between the following which one would you buy? 1)  set five essential high quality vegan eye brushes + 1 all purpose powder brush 2) five essential eye makeup brushes 3) only powder brush 4) single brushes

Re: Makeup brush

Hi @farclub ! First, I'd decide which brush(es) I'll use most often: eye brushes or a powder brush. 

Next, I'd need to know exactly which brush shapes are in the sets you mentioned, plus the shape & size of the powder brush. There are certain eye brush shapes I never use (for eyes, anyway) because they don't work well for my eye shape/lid space. That's why I rarely buy eye brush sets, opting instead for single brushes. And there are certain powder brush shapes/sizes I don't like to use. 

I'd probably end up buying single brushes. That way, I can pick and choose exactly which shapes and sizes I need. Now that I think about it, there aren't many brushes I've bought as a full set... a Rephr set, 2 Sonia G. sets, a Chikuhodo set, and 2 or 3 Luxie sets. All other brushes I've bought were singles. Not that there are no good sets out there; I just prefer to choose exactly what I need, rather than buy a set that contains some brushes I know I'll never use. 

@farclub @As someone who owns brushes from different brands I rarely buy brushes in sets unless they are from Sonia G.  Most of my brushes are from single purchases over the years. 

@farclub I prefer to buy single brushes.  I'm rarely in need of foundation brushes and prefer to use a beauty blender (or dupe) for all my base products, bronzer and blushes.  With single brushes I can pick and choose which ones work for me and my style of application, and not have extra unused brushes hanging around.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing