Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Looking for your suggestions for lash extension safe - sensitive eyes - cleanser

Hey guys! I have lash extension and my lash extension soap (sold by the tech I go to) is drying out my eyes and the fragrance (even though there’s not a lot) makes my eyes super itchy (allergic reaction). Does anyone have a good suggestion for an alternative here for me ? I know it’s been asked and I did ran a search but couldn’t find a post with the specific aspect of my question... Thanks so much!!

Re: Looking for your suggestions for lash extension safe - sensitive eyes - cleanser

What do you use to cleanse your face? If it is not oil-based, have you tried that? @Ge77 

More often than not I rub GENTLY at the base (more on the eyelid) with warm water in the shower and then I use micellar on a q-tip morning and evening. Revitalash makes a special micellar for this but it stings if I get a lot in my eye.

I like the one by KoGenDo and I personally have no issues with my lashes lasting. I don’t wear much other eye makeup, so I am just keeping them clean rather than removing makeup. 

I think the whole no oil anywhere when you have extensions is a bit overblown. As long as you are not applying an oil directly on the lashes you are probably fine. 

RE: Re: Looking for your suggestions for lash extension safe - sensitive eyes - cleanser

Hi !! Thanks for taking the time to reply! I have very dry and dehydrated skin so yes, there’s oil in my skin cleanser... I am careful not to get close to my eyes area and use a wash cloth instead of splashing water on my face... I don’t use make up on my eyes either since I have been doing the extension... would a micellar water be cleaning enough?

Re: RE: Re: Looking for your suggestions for lash extension safe - sensitive eyes - cleanser

I wash my face the same way. It is enough for me @Ge77 but I think some gentle rinsing with warm water is helpful. 

Do you have an eye doctor? You could ask them ? My eye doctor hates extensions but he thinks people don’t clean them enough, lol. There is a younger optometrist that joined the office and she has all the lashes. I asked her and she said what I was doing was fine. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing