Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Looking for the perfect eyelash curler

I have had the worst luck with eyelash curlers. They never seem to fully curl my lashes and keep them curled even after applying mascara. I am looking for advice on which eyelash curler works best and keeps lashes curled. 

Re: Looking for the perfect eyelash curler

@salborno I love plastic lash curlers.  I get mine off Amazon.  Mine is the Seki Edge Folding eyelash curler.  I have straight Asian lashes and it keeps my lashes curled.

Hi @salborno!

The lash curler you use should be based on your eye shape for the best results.  Since I have Asian eyes, I find the Shu Uemura ones work great. I sometimes use the smaller curlers to curl in sections instead of all at once (works for bottom lashes too!).

You can google "best lash curler for (your eye shape)".

These are the steps I take when curling my lashes:

1. Warm the curler under warm water
  2. Curl my lashes in 3 sections
    1. Hold for 10 seconds at the base of my lashes
    2. 10 seconds in the middle
    3. 10 seconds at the tips
  3. Apply mascara but when you reach the tips, hold the wand there for 10 seconds

If you really need to re-curl your lashes after applying mascara, make sure the mascara is completely dry and be very gentle so you don't rip your lashes out!

The steps are very helpful but unfortunately I do not know my eye shape. It's hard for me to tell just by looking and I've tried to do quizzes online which have been unbeneficial. My eyes are fairly rounded with a slight downturn on the external corners. My external corner lashes are the hardest to actually curl with my lash curler. I've read that the surratt beauty Relevée Lash Curler is best for all eye shapes. Do you know anything about this tool? 

@salborno @I own the surratt beauty Relevée Lash Curler after Desi Perkins mentioned it but I still love my plastic eyelash curler off of Amazon better. 

@salborno

I've never tried that lash curler so I can't say if it's good or not, although I have heard it works for all eye shapes.

I have the same problem as you and have a hard time curling the outer corner lashes with just a regular culer.

So I'll start by using a regular lash curler to curl whatever I can, then I'll go in with a smaller curler like the Shu Uemura S Curler to curl the rest.  A cheaper option is the Morphe Mini Lash Curler.

It may sound like crappy advice but honestly, try a plastic eyelash curler. For YEARS I used metal ones and when I switched to the plastic lash curlers, it all changed and I never went back. Beauty supply places will have them. I'm sure Sephora has them too. I just think they work better. Plus they're easier to clean because they don't rust like the metal ones when you wash & soap them. As a person who DESPISES plastics, this is one thing I would RECOMMEND as a plastic. Ardel makes a decent one. 

@MBwinter @I second this.  I used to use the one by Maybelline and Sonia Kashuk until those got discontinued 

My fave lash curler is Shiseido Eyelash Curler Eyelash Curler 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing