cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Looking For A Scratchy Flatliner!

What the??

Yup, I want the stiffest, scratchiest flat eye brush I can find! 😋

For years, I've used the pink Sephora Pro brush pictured below for doing nail cleanup. The brush is dense, but the bristles are super stiff and scratchy (as in I can run it on my cheek and go "NOPE, I'd never put this near my eyes" stiff and scratchy), which actually makes it the *perfect* tool for removing excess polish after a manicure. However, it is reaching the end of its lifespan. The bristles are all sorts of different lengths now from my mauling and manhandling of it (and from an attempted haircut that did not go so well lol), the ferrule is starting to loosen from the handle, and I have to clamp it in a binder clip after each use so the bristles all point in the same direction once they dry. 😹 It's time to find a new one!

I never thought this would be a hard thing to replace, but I have recently bought both ELF and Morphe flatliner brushes, and they are entirely too soft. Where the stiff bristles of the Sephora brush pick up polish well, the softer bristles of both of these just sort of pat it down and thin it out and spread it around, without picking much up. 

The Sephora brush is from a set from probably 2004-2005 or so...I'm guessing most manufacturers, even the cheap ones, use nicer, softer bristles now...but does anyone know of a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad, scratchy flatliner still on the market? 🤞IMG_20180815_193004237.jpg

Re: Looking For A Scratchy Flatliner!

@RGbrown I think @suzyo hit the nail

on the head!!! I’ve got a few paint brushes that definitely fit the bill, and I got them at michaels. If you’ve  got michaels in your area make sure to check their online coupons beforehand- they’ve always got at least a 40% off single full price item! 😊 I found some stiffer ones both as part of their generic paint brush sets and also in the fine arts section. The ones in fine arts are definitely nicer, bonus they aren’t wrapped so you can tousle the bristles before you buy to make sure it’s stiff enough. Good luck with the hunt!

@RGbrown I don’t really have any suggestions but, I think the place to find such a brush would be a dollar store, or even a craft store. Maybe even tjmaxx, you know?

@suzyoUnidentified

CRAFT brushes!!!! 💡💡💡

Yes!!! Thank you! Now I feel like a putz for not thinking of that 🤦 Such a simple, basic idea that really should have been the first thing I thought of...I've become so immersed in makeup that it's like nothing else exists anymore 😂

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_20180815_193004237.jpg
testing