Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Lashes

Hi!! I know this is slightly unrelated to makeup, but I have prom coming up in about 2 and a half months. I want to do something with my lashes but I’m unsure if I should get a lash lift, lash extensions, or just use falsies. If anyone has had experience with any of those three, what do you suggest? Thank you so much!!

RE: Lashes

If you opt for Falsies and are nervous about them not staying on- go to Sephora the day of prom (call ahead ASAP) and request an employee apply a set for you. They’ll also help you choose the right pair for your eye shape and outfit. And I recommend playing around with different falsie sets for a while and if you ever do decide to opt for extensions- you’ll know what kind of set you’re looking for.

Re: Lashes

I agree with using false lashes. They have those small clusters of lashes too so you can create your own look without a strip of lashes. The Huda Beauty eyelash glue would hold those in really well. 

Anonymous Insider

If you need to naturally enhance your eyelids then use Careprost Eye Drop. You do not need to Use artificial Eyelashes. This Drop will make your eyelids longer and darker. Your eyes will look absolutely beautiful.

RE: Lashes

I second that recommendation on using falsies! They make some really beautiful ones nowadays and there’s so many different levels of dramatic flare to minimalistic. I’m just getting into false lashes myself. I struggle with getting them on correctly sometimes still! I would definitely recommend that you start off with the cheapest ones that you can find, like from Dollar General or Dollar Tree. Once you get used to putting them on, then go for the more expensive ones. Glue isn’t easily removed from the false lashes or even your real ones, so if your beauty supply shop carries adhesive remover I would definitely recommend getting some. I’m looking into that for myself, too! I prefer the white glue over the black, black sounds good in theory but if you have a slip up placing them on, the black glue is a pain clean up without destroying all of the hard work that you did on your eyeshadow! Good luck in whatever you choose to do !

@SammyKateI can't speak to an extension as I don't have experience with that. I'd recommend falsies because it's the most affordable option and you have lots of time to practice applying them. The lash lift is basically like a perm. If you disturb your lashes for a few hours after your treatment, like from splashing your face with water, the lashes can set in a different, unintended shape. Also, unless you test it out at least once now, I'd avoid the lift. I'd personally avoid doing a new major beauty treatment prior to a big event. Have fun at prom 🙂

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing