Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Is there a super drying mascara that won’t leave traces under my eyes several hours after application?

Unless I don’t blink throughout the day, I need to wipe it off several times a day. The one I’m using now is Too Faced Better than Sex waterproof - so I’m super surprised that even this one would be wiping off..

Re: Is there a super drying mascara that won’t leave traces under my eyes several hours after application?

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Mascara has been my best solution for this! I have very oily skin, so mascara smudges very easily on me - this is the best one I've found. I've never had any smudging or flaking with it!

Re: Is there a super drying mascara that won’t leave traces under my eyes several hours after application?

This. Is a problem for me with lots of formulas. I also find many just seem to disappear on me throughout the day. The best luck I’ve had for longevity and not smudging is Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara Intense Pitch Black – 0.30 oz/ 8.5 gg. It’s amazing, and I’ve repurchased several times, I hope they never discontinue this one! Good luck! @mccampbell 

@sister13    Ad Gal works well for me as 

well even I want thicker looking lashes.  

@mccampbell I recently tried the             CLINIQUE High Impact Waterproof Mascara Black

on my lower lashes and LOVE it.  It does nothing for my top lashes so I use a really volumizing mascara for that but the brush is the right size and it doesn't flake. 

@mccampbell   Too Faced better than sex mascara is the flakiest mascara I’ve ever tried.  I just don’t understand the hype.  
my absolute favorite mascaras for staying put and not coming off except with cleansing oil are-

For curl-

Etude House lash perm mascara

Flow Fushi mote mascara (this one you hold in place while it dries and it sets in that curl all day). 
Jill Stuart blooming blossom curling lash mascara. 

For wispy thickness-

pat mcgrath fetish eyes mascara 

Tom Ford badass mascara 

for a natural lash tint -

bobbi brown eye opening mascara 

@mccampbell that is so frustrating! I know exactly the struggle you are facing. Some of my go tos to avoid smudging or transfer are:

DIOR - Diorshow Mascara - Brown 698

TARTE - Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara - Black Mini

ILIA - Limitless Lash Mascara - After Midnight

I hope you find one that works well for you!

S

Hi @mccampbell,

I agree with @PenelopeBT! That is a great mascara! 

Best,
Rebecca

Hi @mccampbell,

If you struggle with smudging, I'd look into using a waterproof formula. I like the Lancôme Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara 01 Waterproof Big is The New Black.

Also, a lash primer is great for making sure your mascara stays on all day. I like the tarte Opening Act™ Lash Primer 0.24 oz/ 7.1 mL.

RE: Is there a super drying mascara that won’t leave traces under my eyes several hours after application?

I agree tubing mascaras are a good idea. I use Diorshow and while most others smudge under my eyes, this one never does!

@mccampbell Give tubing mascaras a try (e.g. Trish McEvoy, or Kevyn Aucoin, or Thrive Causemetics). It doesn't smudge at all and you can remove it with just warm water. 

@mccampbell 

Agree with @fantaji  about tubing mascaras.  Those usually stay put all day for me.  Other ones to try: L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes, Estee Lauder DoubleWear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara.

The really big guns for me are mascara topcoats that work on top of your favorite mascara.  For some reason they're really hard to find as they get discontinued often.  Clarins Double Fix Mascara Waterproof Topcoat and NYX Proof It Mascara Topcoat work well for me.  I just apply as a last step and my undereyes stay smudge-proof all day.

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing