Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Is it too much to ask for a mascara that.. .

Anyone ever find that perfect mascara that: is waterproof lengthens doesn't cause irritation doesn't clump doesn't flake??? Just when I think I've found one I put on my glasses and there's all these little black flakes and specks under my eyes... so not cool!! I know all brands talk a good game but I'm tired of spending money only to find the same old problems. Help!!

Re: Is it too much to ask for a mascara that.. .

I still use the same mascara that I've been using for 20 years. 
Maybelline Great lash Waterproof. Cheap but it works for me. I just blot a little on a tissue and apply after I curl my lashes. I can't curl them too much though or my eyelashes reach my eyebrows 😄 LOL

I remember it was big-time used by a few professional MUAs back then, I tried it and loved it. I've tried others since then, but have always found them too clumpy. I like my lashes separated, clean-looking and long. 

I have better luck when I use a non-waterproof mascara and a waterproof top coat. To be completely honest, due to sub boxes, GWPs, and other samples, I haven't bought  mascara in a while, but among the gazillion I've tried, Burberry Cat Lashes (or something like that) has given the best non-clumpy-yet-full results. Waterproof topcoats are getting tougher to find. NYX appears to be one of the last ones standing and it's a good one. I've  given it a workout due to cold weather and watery eyes, and it holds up beautifully. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Good luck on your search. It's a tough one.

Is it too much to ask for a mascara that.. .

I use blinc mascara amplified, it makes my lashes look natural but noticable and it actually dries down unlike some mascaras that stay tacky. It comes off with warm water and some rubbing of the eyes, but I have swam in it and my lashes looked almost the same after. Hope this helps!

@DealsDiva Back when I used waterproof, I thought Maybelline Full N Soft was very good 🙂

@DealsDiva Have you ever tried a tubing mascara? While they aren’t waterproof, they’re pretty much flake and smudge-proof. If they don’t give you enough oomph, you can apply one coat overtop of your favourite mascara to seal it in. I like the one from Blinc. 

#1 brand/product I've found that addresses your specific concerns mentioned (no clumping, no flaking, and doesn't irritate the eyes) is Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes.

Hi there! The struggle is real when it comes to finding the perfect mascara, kind of like finding the perfect pair of jeans, what one person loves you may not! Waterproof can be a tricky formula because in most cases its not best for everyday use due to the possibility of it drying the lashes out and ultimately flaking. My suggestion would be to try a tubing mascara. Clinique makes one called Lash Power long wearing mascara, designed to stay put for 24 hours without smudging or smearing. This mascara was formulated for sensitive eyes, even contact lenses wearers, to give the option of a waterproof without the harshness. Its removed with WARM water only, that means no tears, no cold water, not even eye makeup remover will take it off yet when its on the lashes its very soft and flexible. It works by wrapping the formula around the lashes to create a lash hugging glove that thickens, lengthens, and curls, when you want it off the warm water will gently loosen it and it will simply slip off. Its been a widely loved favorite by users for years now, rated nearly 5 stars with almost 1900 reviews on sephora.com. Hope that helps. 🙂 

lash power.JPG

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • lash power.JPG
testing