Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How to wear a perfect eye makeup for hooded eyes?

Hi guys,

I have hooded eyes and I love eye make up a lot. I draw the eyeliner as a thin line to give a little space above my eyes however when I wear eyeshadows, they get completely hidden and seem like there is no eyeshadow at all. Is there a better way to do eye makeup for hooded eyes?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Re: How to wear a perfect eye makeup for hooded eyes?

Hi @BenoGT!

I have hooded Asian eyes so it's always been a struggle for me, too.  It takes a lot of practice to get it right.

Watching Youtube tutorials really helped me understand where to apply the eyeshadow.

The best thing to do is to put darker eyeshadow higher on my lid and keep the light or shiny eyeshadows below the crease.

One thing that's been a real life saver is false lashes.  It gives my eyes a bigger appearance and it also allows me to put eyeshadow even higher on my lids without it looking like I put too much on.  I recommend SEPHORA COLLECTION Luxe Silk False Lash because of the shape of the lashes.  Don't use falsies that have longer lashes at the end since it will slim your eyes, unless that's what you're going for.

Anonymous Insider

@BenoGT @LizakaGeekGirl  I also have hooded eyes. But applying makeup to hooded eyes can be quite tricky, because of the lack of visible lid space. Here I am sharing few dos and don’ts that will come handy each time you do your eye makeup.

Do:

• Use matte shades as they absorb light
  • Apply thin liner
  • Use a pencil liner for precision
  • Dab highlighter right below the arch of the brow
  • Blend upwards instead of blending outwards

Don’t:

• Skimp on mascara
  • Use a liquid eyeliner to line your eyes
  • Don’t apply eyeliner to your waterline
  • Try a winged eyeliner as it makes eyes more hooded
  • Apply shimmery or metallic shades

Hope this will help 🙂

For more information please click on below link:

Hooded Eyes Makeup: Eyeliner, EyeShadow and More

I have hooded eyes, and it takes practice, but the easiest way to do it is apply the colour at the side of the eyes just at the crease and blend into the crease and above it. Basically raising the color above the crease and building upwards. If you use a fluffy blending brush like the Morpe M441 brush as you build in the crease at the outer edge it will move the colour above the hood nicely! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing