Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes
|

How to make eyeshadows pop

Hi. I have blue eyes and am on the pale side. Smiley Happy I use primer before my eyeshadow, but wanted to know if there was something else recommended to make certain colors stand out more. Thank you.

Re: How to make eyeshadows pop

I would recommend using NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, they also make an eyeshadow primer that is a very white colour. Using the white makes eyeshadow really POP.

I do second NYX’s jumbo eye pencil in milk, but if you have oily lids, I caution against the white eye shadow base they sell, as it creases easily. There’s also Ben Nye’s white cream clown makeup I use that I like a little better.

If you use the white cream products, I recommend using your finger to blend it rather than a brush. It’ll be more even. 

Thank you!

Hi charlyc,

I agree with @TheSocialQuota! Using a white or black base before applying your eyeshadow will help make colors pop! 

I suggest the Make Up Forever's Aqua Creams. These eyeshadow creams are very pigmented and are waterproof. They are great as a base and do not crease. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you very much!

Depending on the color, using something like Nyx's white "milk" or black "black bean" would make a good base. Look up (white or black eyeshadow base) and you should see more suggestions for products that can do something similar.

Ok. Great. Thank you.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors