Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How long does it take for you to finish a tube of mascara when using everyday?

Hi!

I was curious about how soon people use up a tube of mascara online and came across more talks and article about shelf life of it, which usually says 3-6 months.  

I usually use one tube at a time and use it almost everyday, and there is no way it last me 3 months!!  After 1 month, I already want to open a new tube, but I try and make it work for 1.5 months.  But to be honest I'd open new one every 2-3 weeks if I could 😂

I am just curious to know about you guys in the Sephora Community as most of you are makeup enthusiasts, and experienced!!  

Re: How long does it take for you to finish a tube of mascara when using everyday?

It takes me about 3-4 months to use a full tube. I end up buying another one halfway thorough the first one lol I like variety. 

Re: How long does it take for you to finish a tube of mascara when using everyday?

I never use a full tube. I wear mascara almost every day, but my lashes are short and fine so I don't use much product. 

3 months

Umm usually about 4-6 months but I’ll extend the life of a tube with a couple of drops of inglots mixing medium. I just want to add that typically because of bacteria it’s not recommended to go more than 3 months but I haven’t had any trouble 🤷🏻‍♀️

@AGAN  Mine typically last 3 months. 

Maybe 4 months depending on the formula some of them tend to get tacky after a while i usually switch the wand when it does 

I've never gone through an entire tube of mascara either. Usually they dry up first before I get a chance to finish them. Like some of you mentioned  though, I have picked up a new makeup junkie habit in addition to the natural hair junkie issue... it's something fun to do while we pass time I guess. 

I use drops of saline solution when I feel the formula gets dry!

@AGAN I don't think I have ever finished a full size tube of mascara in 3 months using it everyday.

Wow! Good for you!! I wish I could use mine as long as you do!

It’d save me so much money❣️

@AGAN 

Wait, people apply mascara daily? LOL

Pre-pandemic, I worked from home and only wore makeup on weekends or when going out in the evenings. So the tubes would last longer. The pandemic has woken the makeup lover/hoarder/collector in me; I currently have 3 open tubes of mascara In rotation. I may wear makeup including mascara 3-4 times a week. I throw the tubes away as soon as they start to feel/look dry or become difficult to use. Maybe right at 4-5 weeks, they are definitely ready to toss before all the product has been used.

wow, that was a long drawn out answer...sorry! A month give or take a week or two! 😜🤓

I’m opposite!

I used to not wearing makeup every day but after lockdown happened, it became my routine!  It makes me feel ready and gives me some structure for my everyday life😉

@AGAN 

I like a really wet mascara formula, so if I’m applying daily then once/month. I dislike the formula once it starts to dry out. 

So good to know I’m not alone!  I like it wet and fresh, too❣️

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing