From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

How do I get the glossy eyelid look? Product recommendations?

Do I use lip gloss? Or something else? Any tips or tricks?

Re: How do I get the glossy eyelid look? Product recommendations?

Milk has a hydrating oil stick which works wonders for anything and everything glossy! 

@melymelmarie You might want to check out ROEN BEAUTY - 52° Cool Eye Shadow Paletteor the warm shadow palette- they look pretty promising for a glossier look and RMS beauty had some glossy eye shades if memory serves. Otherwise I definitely second the recommendation for vaseline since it will be hydrating and thicker/have more staying power than a lip gloss IMO. A skin oil might also help and do good for your skin (The Ordinary rosehip comes to mind) but the thin consistency might absorb into your skin too quickly/ be too sloshy and destabilizing for the makeup underneath- though possibly worth a shot

@melymelmarie  Personally, I would recommend against using lip products around your eyes, as they’re not approved as being safe for that purpose. 

Two eyeshadow products have given me the wet eyelid look:

-ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in light-coloured shades with the “Ultra Glitter” finish, applied with my fingers, not a brush

-Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coat Peach also applied with my fingers 

Although the Chroma Crystal is marketed as a top coat, I apply it on its own for the glossy eyelid look. 

Hope this helps! 😊

@melymelmarie I think that’s the easiest way if you already have lip gloss in your collection, but I recommend checking out “eye gloss” and “lid lacquer” since those are designed to be used on eyes. A bunch of brands have them and there are even articles online that compare them and help you decide which one is right for you. I hope this helps!

@melymelmarie I know some makeup artist use vaseline in the center but a tiny amount.  Desi Perkins did a glossy eye look on the Kim Kardashian look from the Met Gala.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing