Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How do I avoid eyelash/mascara marks on my eyelids?

I have very long natural lashes... however due to my oily skin, my mascara secretes onto my eyelids all throughout the day... I’ve noticed that once I switched from low end to high end mascara, that there is a difference..but it still happens now and then....what can I do to prevent this??

Re: How do I avoid eyelash/mascara marks on my eyelids?

As others have mentioned, a tubing mascara is a great way to combat the long lash eyelid stamp dilemma. Clinique makes one called Lash Power Mascara long-wearing formula that you should definitely check out. It goes on a little bit more wet than your average mascara but dries down fast, thickens up, and wraps around each lash like little gloves (or tubes). This mascara conditions the lashes while staying put ALL day long through all types of elements- tears, swimming, sweat- no problem. Lash power is easily removed with warm water, so theres no need for makeup remover (which also makes this a great option for false lashes as well). Unlike many waterproof mascaras Lash power  is  safe for even the most sensitive eyes. 

Tubing mascara (Trish McEvoy, Kevyn Aucoin, Blinc). Look no further. 

I have the same problem on my glasses.  Clear mascara helps.  Also, it seems to be worse with some brands.  I don't have trouble with Clinique or Estee Lauder doing that to me.  I also use waterproof or water resistant formulas.  

@brittaniengland Prime and set the eyelids!

Anonymous Insider

I agree, primer!

RE: How do I avoid eyelash/mascara marks on my eyelids?

Using clear mascara is a really great solution to this. The same thing happened to my friend so I suggested she try clear mascara and she loved it!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: How do I avoid eyelash/mascara marks on my eyelids?

Do you know what brand of clear mascara? I've been looking into it

Waterproof mascara, or use a primer for oil control on your upper eyelid, before your eyeshadow 🙂 Used to happen to me all the time, or even try using false lashes and avoid mascara all together. Once you get the hang of false lashes you'll never go back.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing