Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Hooded eyes + summer heat

Hey y'all, I've got hooded eyes and love eyeliner - the two don't really go together 😂. How do you prevent your eyeliner from transferring on your upper lid? Is it the primer? The liner? Or just the shape of the liner? I appreciate any tips and tricks 😁.

Re: Hooded eyes + summer heat

Have you tried using the new Benefit Liquid Liner? 

@shelbiH This is the bane of my life, and I love a thick cat eye! What I like is a combo of a good waterproof Japanese liner like K-Palette and then setting it with MAKE UP FOR EVER Mini Ultra HD Microfinishing Loose Powder Mini Size Translucent - 0.14 oz/ 4 g #

I've also been tightlining with GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Line It Up Clean 24-Hr Gel Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner Spiderwebs 

@pocketvenus & @shelbiH , yeah definitely set your liner with translucent setting powder.  I just KVD Beauty Lock-It Setting Powder Standard Size Translucent - 0.67 oz , but any good (MUFE, LM) will do.

@shelbiH i had the same issue before and realised i was tracing the line too thick.

Find a way to trace it thinner and it should solve your issue 😉

Us with hooded eyes have to work harder with this it sucks lolllll

Bless! Ok I was slightly losing my mind 😂. So many different types of liner... Now just get my hands steady enough to make thin liner look good 🤣

@shelbiH Trust, you are not alone in this lol

I CANT use any liquid liner, i dont have the "hand skills" to apply that kind of liner, so i use crayon liner which isnt as great for stability lasting power, but i have no choice.

I use a regular black crayon liner and correct my mistakes with a Q-tip.

I cant use the "tattoo" liner from Maybelline either that last longuer because it sets too fast and its almost impossible to correct mistakes before it dries. 

Some days its like my brain just dont want me to have a good liner day, and other time it looks super good,

Overall i got better, so keep practicing, look for hooded eyes liner tutorials on Youtube.

Also, sometimes the techniques people use arent working for us, so you can use techniques partly and do it your own way, in time youll find what works better for you 😊😊😊

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing