Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Hooded Eye Inspiration - HELP!

Hey everybody! I really like makeup and would love to be better and more creative with eye looks, but I never seem to see looks with hooded eyes out there and I really struggle with them whenever I try to do my eye makeup!! I've invested in lots of cool palettes to play with over the past year, but I get really frustrated with my eye shape and it makes me not want to bother with eye makeup/makes it feel not worth doing and I would love to get some inspiration to turn that attitude around!

Can folks with hooded lids share pictures of cool looks they've done with them/tips?

Would ESPECIALLY love to see looks from folks who wear glasses - I wear them every day and that combined with hooded lids is just. Very annoying when it comes to makeup haha, but I can't wear contacts 😕

Tags:

RE: Hooded Eye Inspiration - HELP!

Hi! I don’t really have any photos because I love mirror me but photo me is super insecure 😅 my eyes aren’t completely hooded, but most of my eyelid is hidden in my crease when my eyes are open. I’ve found I usually dislike cut creases on me, but I’ve been doing spotlight eye looks lately and they’ve quickly become my favourite. My second favourite eye look is using only two eye shadows, one on the inner have of my lid and one on the outer half, making that one into a wing shape. I recommend using a shimmer for the inner half and a matte for the outer half (I’ve done this with gold and a dark teal) or shimmers for both. They’re both quite easy looks in my opinion! Hope this helps 😊

Re: Hooded Eye Inspiration - HELP!

Hi @visiblefemme!

I have hooded eyes as well so I totally understand your struggle 😣  I found 2 really helpful videos on Sephora IGTV.  They're called the Eyeshadow For Beginners and the Bronze Eyeshadow Look for Hooded Eyes.  

The eyeshadow for beginners class taught me to use the end of a brush to find the eye socket.  That is where the eyeshadow should stop, don't go further than that.  This trick works for all eye shapes.

@RAWRitsRED Great tips.  Thank you.  I'm trying to find tips with eye shadow applications.

@quspork Thank you for tips

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing