Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Help

So lately after I do my makeup my left eye in the left corner basically waters all day long taking off a lot of my makeup in that corner. Its also very irritating to my skin right there. I have never had this problem before and its not all them time but has become more frequent. No eye infections. I did some research and saw that putting Fondation on your eyes may cause this. Is that true? I have always done that. What else could cause this? Trying to narrow down what I need to change. Thanks for any help!

Re: Help

@Desti27263 I could see eyes getting irritated by foundation migrating there. It’s better to use an eye primer to ensure that your shadow will stay put, and since it’s made specifically for the eye area, it’s less likely to irritate. If you like a flesh colored base on your lids, there are several brands that make them, although I prefer transparent bases. 

Thank you so much! I will try that today. I had no idea how bad foundation was to put on your eyes and I have been doing that for years. Still a lot to learn when it comes to makeup I see thank you again for the help!

It totally depends on your eyes and your foundation-- I use foundation + powder as my only primer often and have no issues; but I use lightweight, non-longwear base, and mostly natural ones too. Something with staying power or heavy coverage is more likely to irritate because of the difference in ingredients. 

Another issue could be your liner-- trying clean the end of your most-used liner, and cleaning inside the cap too. You may want to check and see how close you take any eye cream or face treatments you're using, because that could be bothering the eyes. Anything you regularly put near there could be the culprit, so think about what you do-- do you often spray something other than water onto a brush before 

applying shadow there? A substance could not bother your skin and still upset your eye in such a sensitive place.

For me, though, my one eye just waters a bit at the outer corner whether I'm wearing makeup or not, and no matter what I put into that corner, it's going to need a touch-up. This is new since I hit my 50s, I didn't always have this problem. 😞  Good luck finding the issue!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing