cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Help with eye shadow

Hi!   I’m new to makeup.   I’m a 40 something trans who is looking for help with eye shadow.    I have blue eyes with fair hair and skin.   I would like advice on an everyday eye shadow.  Thanks for any insights you can give.

hugs,   Ash

Anonymous Insider

RE: Help with eye shadow

Hey girl if your willing to spend the money,Tom Ford has one of the best eyeshadow lines out there. For everyday I’m loving nude dip. it’s easy to Apply, and it’s just the perfect neutral beige colors to create a really pretty daytime look. It could be used day to night. For night add-with a red lip.Sweep the first shade over your whole lid you want a very neutral eye no eyeliner ( to harsh looking) especially with a dramatic red lip -because the red lip is all the drama you’ll need that’s just if your in a hurry and don’t have time to run home from the office , add a pretty mascara better then sex Mascara, MarcJacobs mascara,and it any Lancôme Mascara will do the trick lid add mascara and red lip so you can use it day to night. During the day I use the darkest color in the nude dip palette and wet an eyeliner brusth and done their is my eyeliner you don’t need black eyeliner way to harsh Less is more always when apply makeup the idea is to look like you don’t need makeup at all . Always apply in natural daylight I do my make up right by the window so I can really see what I’m doing. Good luck and if you don’t like Nude Dip I have a few other suggestions.

Help with eye shadow

maybe you could go to Sephora for a mini makeover? They are free. You can choose the service you want and ask for tips and tricks along the way 🙂 I used to work at sephora and the majority of my day was spent doing all sorts of mini makeovers 🙂

RE: Help with eye shadow

Hi Ash!! I would recommend starting with something neutral, like a medium brown in the crease or all over the lid. This will make your blue eyes pop paired with a good coat of mascara. Once you become more comfortable with blending and wearing your shadows in different ways (all over the lid or in the crease) you will be more comfortable graduating to different colors, styles. Also would recommend watching some beauty YouTube videos (Samantha Ravndahl and Rawbeautykristi as some of my favorites). Good luck and enjoy!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Help with eye shadow

Hi Marley!

thank you so much!   I will start with a medium brown and a mascara.   Just dipping my toes in the water :).   I will take your advice and watch those you tube videos too.   

Have a lovely day!    Hugs, Ash

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing