Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Help me find a concealer for my pale skin that doesn't crease!

Hi beauty lovers!

Let me start off by saying I'm not a make up expert at all: I wear light make up for a natural look. However, I have pale skin with yellow undertones and visible dark circles, so I would like to cover them as best as possible.

I'm on my third visit to Sephora to find a concealer that:
1: Matches my skin tone.
2: Won't crease badly after an hour (yes, I do use eye cream before and a lot of powder to bake it after!)

I requested the help of a beauty associate each time to help me. So far I bought these brands after their recommandation and had to admit after some time they didn't work for me:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Concealer in Fair: It matched my complexion very well and the coverage was lovely, but it creased so bad no matter what I did!
- Tarte Aquacealer Concealer Rainforest of the Sea in Fair: The coverage was ok and it creased a little, but it was a little too dark for me.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer in Y23: It matched my complexion nicely and the coverage was great, but once again it creased very badly throughout the day.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I only tried it in store, so I can't remember which colours the lady tried on me. However, I was in between two shades and none of them really worked for me.

Is there another brand you could recommend for me? I'm a bit discouraged at this point! Thank you lovelies ❤️

RE: Help me find a concealer for my pale skin that doesn't crease!

Very dark undereyes reporting for duty! I like Nars, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Illuminating concealer, and Milk makeup’s flex concealer. We have different skin tones but I’m sure on your next visit someone atSephora can help you match a concealer to your skin tone. Bring back the ones you didnt like for some credit. It takes a while to find what works. Sometimes you have to do color correcting and concealer in2 different steps. Baking is overrated imho. Good luck!!

Try Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch! I’m using it in shade 2 (the lightest one) and it’s high coverage and melts perfectly into the skin! The only cons it’s that it’a a little bit pricey.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Help me find a concealer for my pale skin that doesn't crease!

I've had the same problem, where there wasn't any concealer that matched my skin tone. I recommend Fenty by Rihanna Match Stix Matte Skinstick... so far it's the only thing that has fully matched my skin- although if you're not into matte this might be a problem.

Anonymous Insider

I would recommend Urban Decay naked skin concealer that comes in quite a few colors and covers dark circles amazingly I use it or Nars concealer on a daily basis they are the two best in my opinion

To give feedback on a couple of the recommendations in this thread: I have pale (but not super-pale) skin with neutral undertones.  I have naturally dry skin, but since I take good care of it it's not flaky (though if this winter gets cold enough it might flake then).

- Tarte Shape Tape definitely creased on me.  I was disappointed when I tried it since I had heard such wonderful things about it, but for some reason, Tarte complexion products never work on me.

- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and Too Faced Born This Way Concealer are both good ones; however, I found that if you apply them too thickly they can crease, and if you apply them thin enough to not crease their coverage is sometimes not enough.

- My #1 winner is Kat Von D's Concealer Creme.  This one gives good coverage without having to be applied real thickly.

RE: Re: Help me find a concealer for my pale skin that doesn't crease!

Yes, good point on creasing with overuse of product. A little concealer goes a long, long way. Blend, blend, blend.
Anonymous Insider

I have very fair skin and hereditary dark circles. I've tried dozens of concealers high end and drugstore and by far the best I've found is bye bye undereye by it cosmetics. A drop will cover under both eyes and I warm it on my hand and pat it on. It would be good to get color matched as the color I use looks dark in the tube for my skin tone but looks very natural on my skin. I've also been using the shiseido under eye brightening cream and it's made a huge difference and lightened my very dark under eye circles. Its expensive but worth it. I would also recommend baking the concealer just after you apply the concealer with translucent powder and that will set it for the whole day and prevent creasing. The bye bye under eye doesn't crease with or without it. It can look a little shiny without a matte setting spray or a powder.
Anonymous Insider

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Is Really Good.

As someone who doesn't sleep nearly enough (lol) I swear by the use of undereye correctors. I've never found a concealer that doesn't crease/look TOO opaque and 'unnatural' but I LOVE using the CoverFX click stick in yellow. It eliminates the darkness from my undereyes and makes them look bright and awake. Sometimes I'll do Yellow click stick + lightest layer of foundation that's left on my BeautyBlender + a little bit of Besame's yellow vanilla powder and it looks flawless and bright!

I'm pale and I swear by shape tape! They only carry it at Ulta though 😕

Re: RE: Help me find a concealer for my pale skin that doesn't crease!

I second this! They also sell them on the Tarte website too. Shipping is free over a certain amount but I can't seem to remember how much... 

RE: Re: RE: Help me find a concealer for my pale skin that doesn't crease!

Tarte had a sale temporarily. Things shop free after 25 I think. Normally it’s 40 dollars. Usually sign up for their email blasts. You get 20% off.

Thank you all for your suggestions and tips! I wrote down the various products your recommended and will definitely experiment with them next time I go to Sephora! Have a good weekend 🙂 ❤️

@lisaa5 Let us know if you find your "holy grail" conceal...

@lisaa5 Let us know if you find your "holy grail" concealer! I have the same skin shade and undertones, but am I still on the never-ending search for a great concealer as well. Good luck in your search! I know it's out there somewhere haha 💋

You should try the Born This Way concealer by Too Faced!! It doesn’t crease at all!

I sometimes use Naked Skin concealer, I think it works pretty well. I love the NARS creamy concealer, and I often mix two colors to get a perfect match. I’m very picky about creasing and these are two of the better ones I’ve found. The shape tape has great coverage, but for me it creases and looks cakey quickly.

lisaa5 wrote:

- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I only tried it in store, so I can't remember which colours the lady tried on me. However, I was in between two shades and none of them really worked for me.

I'd suggest you'd give this ^^^ one another try if the coloring was only off by a little bit. 

Personally, I use a slightly lighter concealer for my undereye area. (The lighter shade brightens the area and removed the look of shadows, too.) I apply it with the wand and then spread with a mini beauty blender or a small fluffy concealer brush. (Sephora sells a "pointed airbrush" concealer brush, which is great for the inner corner. Their  regular "airbrush concealer" brush also works well, instead of a mini beauty blender.) 

I'd suggest you go with a shade that is more yellow or "neutral", instead of pink or peachy toned. Don't blend down too far. Keep it close to the area that needs concealing. 

Then, apply a tiny bit of your foundation or BB/CC cream, starting just where the concealer meets naked skin. Using a beauty blender, pinky finger or a fluffy "airbrush concealer" brush, DAB LIGHTLY over some of the concealer. (Lightly dabbing,because you dont want to rub the concealer off or spread it too far.) When I do this, I don't need to do too much, since I don't want (and need) too much of a "shade change".  What you really want to do is make sure there is less of a stark (obvious) demaraction line from lighter concealer to your regular shade of foundation or BB/CC. 

Good luck! 

I've have great luck with the tarte shape tape....not sure the color range but i'd give that a try!

I find putting an eye cream underneath first hydrates and smooths out that area . I like Urban Decay’s born this way concealer and Tarte shape tape work if I hydrate that area

I’m pretty pale as well and while I may sound like a broken record here, Tarte Shape Tape is a real game changer. It’s the only concealer I use now because it is full coverage and doesn’t crease on me the way others do. Tarte Shape Tape is only sold on Ulta and Tarte direct so that would be your only issue but honestly, if you could try it, you should just so you can see how amazing it is!

Conversation Stats
testing