Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Help for older women's eye makeup techniques

I'm over 60 but still love my makeup, have loads of palettes to work with but not a great technique. Just in the last three or four years, my eyelids are much drier and have slightly wrinkled at the corners.  They're also very deep set.

My old makeup techiniques -- which were never much to write home about -- don't work for me now.  I'm looking for some good step-by step videos that aren't done by young women, to show me how to apply eyeshadows effectively.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Re: Help for older women's eye makeup techniques

@LCothren   Wayne Goss does fabulous tutorials for women that help lift the eye and work with inevitable wrinkling.  
With drier eyelids it helps to apply a moisturizer all over the lid to help plump the skin a little.  
you can also use a tinted eye primer to give your lids a more even toned base before applying shadow. Our lids get thinner and more translucent as we age and just this simple step alone without shadow can make your eyes look more youthful.  
If and when you want to use liner it helps to take a good look at your lid and take note of which direction any wrinkles are sagging and to draw your line in that direction with a gel liner.  This helps to avoid the liner skipping over the creases or looking jagged.  and if your lids are hooded tightlining the lash line with a brown eyeliner will give your eyes oomph without sacrificing lid space. 

Re: Help for older women's eye makeup techniques

Thans for those recommendations.  I do know about Wayne Goss from his collaboration with Paula's Choice a few years ago. I'll check his YouTube channel. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing