Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Help! Which eyeshadow color should I use??

I always have a hard time choosing which eyeshadow color I should use when it comes to the outfit I'm wearing. I'm going to a wedding in November and the dress I am wearing is the color Hunter Green. I can do a bronzy smokey eye, but I'd like a color that would make my eyes "pop". I have hooded eyes, so I'm pretty much a one-and-done girl when it comes to eyeshadow. Too many colors get hidden so I'm totally cool with only using 1 or 2 shades. Any recommendations on color would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Tags:

Re: Help! Which eyeshadow color should I use??

@JuneybJones bronze halo eye look with a pop of gold in the center 

Hi @JuneybJones!

You can never go wrong with a bronze look!  You could add a pop of color to that using gold shimmer/glitter or a green similar to your dress color.  I like to add some shimmer to the inner corner of my eyes to brighten it up.  If you're looking to buy individual colors, they have good ones on the MAC website.

You can check out the Sephora IGTV tutorials.  There's a tutorial on how to apply eyeshadow for hooded eyes.  I have hooded eyes as well so I always apply eyeshadow higher so it can be seen.

You can watch tutorials on Instagram and Youtube on how to apply shadows to hooded eyes.  You still have plenty of time to practice!

Do you think a shimmering taupe grey would look nice?

@JuneybJones  I think it would look good!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing