Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

Help Me Pick My Palette ... Because I'm Too Indecisive & Ridiculous! \(☆o◎)/

I cannot decide! Many of you gorgeous BTers have extensive experience with palettes, but I've always shied away from them So I've narrowed it down to 5, and would love to hear the pros and cons from those who've used them. I'm trying to venture out of my dichromatic that I've sported for the last several years, but confess to feeling a little intimidated now. I've narrowed it down to:

Too Faced Pretty Rebel Eyeshadow Palette

UD Naked Palette

NARS The NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Enable me!!! Please and thank you.

Re: Help Me Pick My Palette ... Because I'm Too Indecisive & Ridiculous! \(☆o◎)/

I am going to watch closely because I really want two of these palettes and MIGHT break down and buy one depending on people's answers.

I will, however, say that the Naked palette is really fun and I love that it has the gunmetal on the end.  Surprisingly enough, I prefer the brush it comes with to the ones in the 2 and 3 but hate the velvet packaging.  To me it is like nails on a chalkboard.  Ugh

Re: Help Me Pick My Palette ... Because I'm Too Indecisive & Ridiculous! \(☆o◎)/

Hmm, just a few points to consider:

1. How much do you like colors? That purple in the TF palette looks a bit bright, so if you aren't a bright shadow person I wouldn't go with that one.

2. The Nars one and Smashbox one are pretty similar in colors, so that might come down to a formulation preference.

3. The Naked palette is much warmer in tone than the Nars and Smashbox ones. Depending on your skintone/eyeshadow preference, you might prefer warm or cool. (Fyi, I wear at least one color from my Naked palette every single day. I feel like it's really versatile, but I also love warm colors.)

Skintone is neutral, really... I have pinks in my face but also yellow undertones.

I used to adore playing with super pigmented color and would love to get back into playing with different hues.  I was, unfortunately, a stupid girl for a while and let someone else's (my ex) insecurities dictate what I wore.  There is a fine line between accommodation and deference and I crossed over into the latter before I realized.  Anyway, enough of that ...

You bring up some good points to consider.  I think I might have to buy two palettes... During Chic Week if I can hold off that long!

I have the naked. It was one of my first and I love it. It paved the way to my Palette Hoarding tendencies!!! Haha. 

I have no interest in the Pretty Rebel. Don't get me wrong. I have tons and tons of Too Faced palettes, but I personally find that combination hard to work with together. I foresee having to bring in extra singles and things like that to make it work and for me, a great palette is all about being able to create an entire look using only that palette. which can be done with the other 3

As far as Nars and Smashbox, I can't attest to them (yet), but I'm getting both during chic week… counting down the days Smiley Very Happy

Update, I just went and checked the reviews, and it's looking like the Smashbox palette has some pretty big pigmentation issues. I know that's not the case at all with Naked, and probably won't be with NARS. 

Maybe go swatch them if you can and check the formulation and pigmentation. 

Good idea.  That's somewhat disappointing, as I like the idea of the colors in mattes and shimmers that can be used to interesting effect. Cat Sad

Naked Naked Naked! I think UD eyeshadows are the best quality out of the brands you are considering, it is an amazing and versatile palette that you can get tons of looks out of, it is compact enough to be travel friendly, and it is a great value as well!

Looks like you're leaning toward neutrals....I have and love both the Naked and Nars palette.  Lots you can do, considering they are neutral palettes!

I have the Naked 1 and I do LOVE it. I think it is a classic for "naked" warm looks and a few gold/coppery looks.

I also just got the NARSissit... haven't used it yet though! Smiley Very Happy

I have UD Naked and Nars palette. The first Naked is by far my favorite out of all the Nakeds. I would go for that one! The colors are warm, the pigmentation is great, the texture of the shadows are smooth. I haven't had the chance to try my Nars palette yet.

Naked 1 is one of my favorite palettes! I also have Pretty Rebel, but it's not nearly as versatile. It's good for going out looks, or if you like more bold shades, but it's not the sort of palette you can use every day on its own. Naked 1 will give you almost any kind of look you want. You can keep it plain and simple for the daytime or smoke it up with some of the darker shades for a nighttime look. 

Naked! I have it and I love it!

I have the Naked 3 palette, and I absolutely love it!  I use it nearly every day and can come up with some really different looks. My daughter had used Naked 2 for years and loves it, but I fell in love with the softness and range of color in Naked 3. Have not tried any of the others, sorry!

I think the naked palette would be the best. I wasn't impressed with 2 & 3 , but compared to all the other palettes you were thinking about, it's the best palette imo. Smashbox FE Palette wasn't pigmented at all and so had so much fallout Smiley Sad and from what I hear about the NARSissist palette, it isn't the the same quality as most NARS duos. 

TOO FACED PRETTY REBEL PALETTE: Has a nice mix of neutral and colored shadows, can create a variety of looks ranging from light to smokey eye. The only concern I have is the fallout from the shadows, you just need to be careful about some flaking off and tap the excess powder off your brush before applying. Also keep in mind that the ratio of matte to shimmery shadows is not equal so make sure it is what you are looking for in terms of finish; especially when it's priced at $46.

URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE: This line of shadows has a cult following, so it it definitely doing something right! The pigmentation is exceptional and the quality and staying power is excellent. There are matte and shimmer/satin shadows, so the variety for finishes is there, but it is a mostly neutral palette. There are 2 shadows thrown in to break up the monotony, but overall this is a neutral palette. The packaging is travel friendly and even comes with  what I consider to be a pretty great double ended shadow brush, at $52, this seems like a better investment than the TOO FACED PRETTY REBEL PALETTE.

NARS THE NARSISSIST EYESHADOW PALETTE: 15 colors ranging from light to dark, in different finishes, and in travel friendly packaging. The quality of NARS eyeshadow has never been the issue, its always whether you can find the same thing somewhere else for a lower cost. Personally, I love that you have so many choices at your fingertips, the fact that they are easy to wear colors is great for everyday use, and the portability/efficiency of packaging means less clutter at home and on the road. $79 is a lot of this type of product, but about what we would expect for the brand. 

SMASHBOX FULL EXPOSURE PALETTE: Half matte and half shimmer, all the makings of a well rounded neutral palette, good shade range, and even comes with a double ended brush and a mascara. It is definitely travel friendly and a good value for the price, but don't pay attention to the add-on's, because the focus of this purchase is the shadows. Sometimes we are fooled into thinking we should go with a value set because of the extra's we are getting, but if what we are shopping for is the palette itself, we should never factor the extra items in our decision making process; because we may end up not liking the palette as much as we thought and have to go out and get a different one. The quality is good but not better than a lot of other brands out there, $49 is a fair price if you love Smashbox, but not if you are open to trying other brands.

IN CONCLUSION:  URBAN DECAY AND NARS ARE MY TOP TWO PICKS...if you are looking to save money and like a little more shimmer, go with URBAN DECAY. If you can afford the price and like more variety in your finishes, pick NARS. They are both excellent choices overall, it's just a matter of narrowing down your specific needs. I own them both (given to me as gifts), the one I reach for more is NARS but I love them both!

GOOD LUCK Smiley Happy

i vote  nars

Another vote for Naked 1! Its a must have for any collection.

That depends- do you want shimmers, color or matts?

color? go too faced

good basics? go naked (lol)

matts? go smashbox

personally, I love my naked pallet but I wish it have a lot more matt shadows- you can crate such pretty looks with them! However I cannot attest to the quality of any of these pallets besides the naked one

I have all but the Pretty Rebel palette. I reach for the Naked palette the most, because it's great for work and going out, so it's a workhorse, but my second choice would be the NARSissist palette. It's pigmented and buttery, and has a little bit more variety in colors.

I like my Smashbox as well, but I don't reach for it as often, so I would go for the Naked or NARSissist first.

I would go with the Naked pallet. You can do so many looks from it and it's a great everyday pallet. I have the Too Faced pretty rebel and I do love it, but I don't see myself reaching for it too often since a lot of the colors are very bold and I usually go for a neutral eye look.

Naked palette all the way! Like Nikki said it is a workhorse!  Though I do really want the new NARS palette too

Totally the naked palette, I use mine everyday. I need the nars palette lol I'm probably going to get it soon

Do NOT get the Smashbox.  Although I love it in concept, the color payoff is horrible.

I have all the Naked palettes as well as (too) many others.  My NARSissist is on its way.  I would suggest the Naked - or the Naked 3 - or the Naked Basics - as perfect - versatile - easy to use - suits everyone - palettes.  You would be surprised at how practical the Naked Basics is!

37 Replies
Conversation Stats