Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Help! Eye Makeup Always Creases!

I have oily eye lids so I do use a primer and set it, but for whatever reason my right eyelid always experiences creasing. My left eyelid will stay looking good all day but the right one looks crazy after two hours. Any suggestions?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Help! Eye Makeup Always Creases!

I would recommend looking for a very tacky eye shadow primer. Urban Decay primer potion is good. Try using a glitter glue. The NYX glitter glue is the best for regular shadows.

Along with setting your eye primer with powder and/or a skin-toned eyehsadow, you may want to blot your eyelids using a blotting paper before you apply primer and eyeshadow if your eyelids are oily. Another suggestion is to look at the eyeshadows you’re using. I have super oily skin and hooded eyes. Cream eyeshadows and silicone-heavy eyeshadows crease horribly on me. In particular, the Make Up For Ever and the Colour Pop Super Shock eyeshadows crease badly. I’ve never found a cream shadow that worked either. I use more dry, powder eyeshadows. My eyes are unevenly hooded so I get more creasing on my left eye than my right one.

RE: Re: Help! Eye Makeup Always Creases!

I have noticed that the cream ones tend to give me more problems! Thanks for the suggestions!!
Anonymous Insider

I'd suggest putting some translucent powder on over the concealer before you put on the eyeshadow. You could probably just use powder if you don't have translucent powder. I have oily eyelids and this works for me. 

RE: Re: Help! Eye Makeup Always Creases!

Thanks for the suggestion! I have been trying my different powders to see which one has the best results.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing