Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes
|

Help! Black Eyeliner for Oily Eyelids

So I have really oily eyelids. Yeah, I know gross. I've tried a few eyeliners in the past, and I do love them but they never last. I've tried drugstore and some higher brands. 

Examples:

1) Stila - it started to flake after the first few hours

2) Kat von D Tattoo Liner- Love but doesn't last more than 4 hours.. it fades

3) Maybelline Gel liner- it stayed but wasn't waterproof and smudged when i cried... yikes

4) Mac kohl liner in feline- smudged everywhere! pretty much a nightmare

I'm not looking for a pencil.. I'm in more preference of liquid... maybe gel. I was thinking perhaps Marc Jacobs liquid liner, Benefit Push Up Liner, or even Tarte Gel Pot. I  know its sort of splurge buys but I just don't know anymore. Please, any suggestions? 

A bit of more information. I like to do small wings and thats basically my makeup for the day. I wear it all day every day. So something that is smudgeproof and waterproof is a must! 

Help! Black Eyeliner for Oily Eyelids

I have a hard time keeping products on my eyes too. I have had good luck with Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterprood gel liner. The one with the separate brush. I've used it for years, even before I started using primer. its drugstore, so low cost to give it a try. Good luck.

RE: Help! Black Eyeliner for Oily Eyelids

Marc Jacobs

RE: Help! Black Eyeliner for Oily Eyelids

I use Urban decay eyeshadow primer before the eyeliner (Kon Van D tattoo or Marc Jacobs fine eyeliner), they do not smudge.

Re: Help! Black Eyeliner for Oily Eyelids

I have super oily lids too, so I know how irritating it can be to get eyeliner to stay put!

Not necessarily a eyeliner recommendation, but one thing I've started doing that has helped my eyeliner stay is to use eyeshadow primer and then an eyeshadow that's similar to my skintone. I've found this helps my eyeliner last longer without smudging.

I have the same problem, and also with mascara.  It completely wipes off by the end of the day!  I've been using blinc over regular mascara but it's not doing the trick.  I need eyeliner and mascara suggestions...

Try tubing mascara. I love it. Clinique has one and so does no7. oil does not budge it but it will come off for water. 

I have the exact same problem and have tried literally everything out there, liquid, gel, pencil, primers etc. I found the only one so far that stays put for me is GOSH Long Lasting Eye Liner pen. I know its a drug store brand but it WORKS. 

I'm a little late to the conversation here, but I have a very similar problem. I have very oily eyelids and even with primer, I used to have problems with getting eyeliner to set. I discovered Lancôme's artliner a few years ago and have never looked back. It's a liquid eyeliner with a foam tip applicator. I know some people don't like the foam tip (or there's a bit of a learning curve) but I love it. I can do a nice, tight line or build up for a more dramatic cat eye + wing. It stays put really well, even without primers. I have athletic competitions outdoors in summer (nasty heat + humidity) and the artliner stays put all day, despite the oil and sweat. It's well worth the price.

You need primer!! I used to experience a lot of smudging and creasing of my liner/shadow until I started using primer. I highly recommend Urban Decay's Shadow Potion. Stila's stay all day liquid felt tip liner is amazing for cat eyes, plus it's waterproof, so it literally doesn't go anywhere until you use make up remover. 

Don't matter. I use Urban Decay primer potion and a setting powder On the top and still even high end liner like tarte and still still bleeds. U just gotta find the right one. 

Stila

I would totally suggest going with two liquid eyeliners from Japanese brands, ones called KissMe the other  one is Dolly Wink. I have super duper oily eyelid that I myself cant even stand it. it still smudged even i used UD primer and Stila. I tried the Dolly Wink eyeliner, even without primer, IT DOESNT SMUDGE AT ALL!!! IT LITERARILY LASTED FOR ALMOST 12 HRS NO JOKES!

So i really hope Sephora can carry those two products so that I can still get it here!

I have oily lids and after trying different eyeliners I decided to try Sephora's Contour Matte Gel Eyeliner. It worked great for me. I don't even need to apply UD primer anymore! The only problem is that the tip breaks easily when you sharpen it. 

Before dishing out a lot of money on high end things, try the NYX collections eyeliner $12 (I have the waterproof one, can't remember the name) and the essence felt tip waterproof eyeliner from shoppers drug mart for 2.50. I've tried almost everything and found these recently and they've been the best so far. The NYX one does fade on some days but I use with the UD PP and sometimes a powder on top. 

I have oily lids and my eyeliner tends to smudge with most liners.  MAC fluidline gel liner stays on me the best, all day.  I have tried the Tarte gel/cream in the glass pot, and it is a drier consistency and harder to work with than the MAC.  The pot also dried out before I finished it, so I felt like it was a waste of money, especially since it costs more than the MAC.

Hi!  I had to respond to this because I have the SAME problem ever since I was a teenager:  OILY EYELIDS.

I feel your pain…  Anyway, what works for me is always using some type of eye primer every day to absorb the excess oils.  (It works!)  I find that by using an eye primer, most long wearing eye pencils; gel liners; and even most eyeshadows last at least 8 hours to ALL DAY (depending on the brand and the heat/humidity outside)!  In addition to oily lids, I also suffer from a lot of allergies, both seasonal and chemical.  I am allergic to lanolin; and a lot of makeup items contain lanolin or its derivatives, so I have to avoid all those products.  What works best for me are:  Bobbi Brown Long Wear cream eyeshadows, Kiko Eye Base, and bareMinerals Prime Time eye primer.  (Not all at the same time, I chose one of the 3 options.)  The ONLY eye liner I can wear without a primer is gel liner from Bobbi Brown or MAC Fluidlines.  The Benefit Push Up Liner is *VERY DIFFICULT* to use, unless you are a pro.  It also tends to flake off during the day, leaving little black "bombs" on your face.  I say "bombs" because if you touch them to remove them, they disintegrate and leave a hard to remove black smudge on your face.  It is a decent liner if you don't mind the fuss.  But bottom line:  Use an eye primer FIRST, then apply your liner of choice.  Trust me, it works! 😉

try to powder your lid, primer then use the dior pencil eyeliner. use the waterproof one.

I use half of a blotting paper and blot my eyelids before putting on eyeshadow primer. 

Things still smudge, but I've had best luck with Makeup Forever's liquid eyeliner, Tarte gel liner in bronze color (somehow the black one doesn't stay as long), and Marc Jacobs pencil liner, 

MUFE one stays on even if I were to get teary, but its a bit hard to remove. it breaks into little pieces and goes into my eyes. 

if you're into Asian stuff as well, Bbia has the best pencil liners. I thought it was some sort of an advertisement when everyone in Korean blogs were talking about it, but it really does stay 

I have super oily lids and I find that using an eyelid primer actually helps. I apply it right near my lash line and just a little on my lid, helps prevent the dreaded smudges. 

Maybe I should try other primers then. I have the urban decay one, and only that. I should definitely try others 🙂

37 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1