Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes
|

HELP: best eyeliner for winged look?

I'm going makeup shopping tomorrow and have been dying to get an eyeliner specifically for winged looks, the only problem is I have absolutely no idea which liners are best for that.

Is it better to use a pencil, liquid, gel, etc. and of these which eyeliners specifically work best? 

I have a concert coming up that I really want to try this look for! 

Thanks so much in advanced xo

Re: HELP: best eyeliner for winged look?

I suck at winged liner, but I find that once I practiced a bit, the Benefit They're Real silicone tip liner works really well for them.

I would say it is nearly foolproof (says this fool) Smiley Happy

The winged look can be done with an assortment of liners, but the key will be practice with each form to find what is comfortable and suitable for your preferences and tastes. 

A kit like Sephora's Draw the Line may be a great starting point:

The formula contains two liquids (Kat Von D's is a brush tip and the Stila is a felt tip), a dual ended pencil (Urban Decay), and three additional pencils (Marc Jacobs, Sephora, and Nars). The pencils are creamy while the MJ formula is more gel-like, allowing you time to manipulate a line by smudging with a brush or tool such as a q-tip to soften, blend, blur, or even wing out and sharpen definition. 

You can also experiment with using the edge of a business card, Post-It note, or piece of Scotch tape/painter's tape to create a clean edge for a wing with shadow or liner.

This is illustrated in the visuals in this thread here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes-Q-A/How-can-I-get-winged-eye-liner-like-this/qaq-p/383019

Sephora also offers complimentary express services that encompass mini make overs for a specific aspect of make up, one being a focus on "Essential Eye Liner" which encompasses winged liner. Stop by your local Sephora to inquire about the express service and to have a Cast Member/artist aid in walking you through step by step in creating the look you want.

http://www.sephora.com/makeovers

AaAmB.png

For me the easiest way is with liquid. The brush also makes a difference, especially how fine of a tip out has. Sephora brand had good fine tipped liquid eyeliner. Duck to the slid colors. The ones with sparkle tend to separate after awhile. After that I use a very sharp pencil but that's for the more solid darker line. If you want fine lines then stick with the liquid. 

For me, gel eyeliner and an angled brush is the easiest. If you're just starting out with winged liner, use a black eye shadow to get the shape that you want. That way, you can clean up any mistakes without making a bigger mess! Then, just trace over the shape you created with gel liner. Smiley Happy

People who use gel and a brush swear by it. As do people who use the Kat Von D Tattoo Liners. 

Pencils get blunt too quickly, so I would look for something with a brush or felt tip. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • AaAmB.png