Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Grandelash change eye color?

I’ve been using grandelash serum for 8 weeks and while it has worked to significantly lengthen my lashes I have noticed that my hazel eyes are looking more brown than green! Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: Grandelash change eye color?

I heard after doing research online lmao it is proven to make hazel and green eyes darker my hazel eyes and I are definitely staying away from it now 

I heard that this can happen even though they are not FDA approved to "grow" lashes. I did some research myself as I have light hazel eyes and I do not want them to change at the cost of long lashes.

And if you google synthentic Prostagladin you find some side effects listed. 

Common Side Effects from Prostaglandin Lash Serums:

• Skin Darkening
  • Eye Irritation
  • Eye Color Darkening
  • Eye Inflammation (uveitis)
  • Retinal swelling

I found this helpful ! 

I just had to see an ophthalmologist as the colors in my right eye have started to bleed together. I have green eyes (green inner iris, with deep blue outer iris), and the blue part of my eye is getting thicker on one side and almost bleeding into my inner iris, towards my pupil. It is quite noticeable to me, as my eyes are no longer symmetrical and one eye appears darker than the other. I've been using the Grande Lash-MD Lash Enhancing Serum for a few months now, so only just connecting the dots. I would recommend that you discontinue use if you start to notice any discoloration of the eyes.

I have light green eyes and haven't noticed any darkening of them.  Just the opposite really.  Love this stuff and will use forever if it means no mascara!

I just 'googled' whether GrandeLash darkens eye color, and I ended up here.  In my case, my eyes are blue and they look darker than they did before I started using GrandeLash (which I've been doing for a few months now).  I miss my lighter shade.  I had heard that Latisse can darken eye color, so thought the same might be true with GrandeLash.  Does anyone know whether eyes will return to their original color after discontinuing GrandeLash or Latisse (assuming those are the culprits)?

from the research I’ve been able to find, there is an ingredient in most eyelash serums called bimatoprost. It is a prostaglandin analog that is responsible for the darkening of skin around the eye and of the iris that people report while using lash serums. It is sadly NOT reversible and so far studies have shown it to be permanent. It effects mostly light colored eyes (blue, green, etc) by increasing brown pigmentation in the iris. It is also responsible for shrinking layers of orbital fat around the eye socket creating sunken eyes and also responsible for lowering pressure in your eye which could potentially mask glaucoma.

No it is a permanent change 

That is very scary!! I used an eyelash serum called Eye Envy which does the same thing. It worked very well for me, my mom, and my sister. While I've always had dark eyes there was no effect on my mom's hazel eyes or my sister's green eyes following use of the serum. We have all used it for over a year and it works wonders so if anyone is looking for an alternative I would recommend Eye Envy (not available at Sephora but you can look it up online and lots of places carry it). 

I second @ellenrob .... Eye Envy is incredible! It's done nothing but wonders for my lashes and I haven't experienced any negative side effects. I've been using it for over 6 months and my sis in law over two years. Highly recommend!

I have noticed the same problem with grandelash serum. My light brown/ hazel eyes got darker and look totally brown in pics. Grandelash claims that their eyelash serum will not change the color of the eyes like Latisse, which is obviously a false claim. At least Latisse is truthful about the possibility of eye color change. Luckily, I have so many pics of before and after that I’m going to take them to court. Another thing, the prostaglandin analog can change the eye color in green, hazel or light brown eyes only, not blue color eyes because there is no pigment, so blue eyes or brown eyes (because they are already brown) are safe from this side effect. 

I had pure green eyes and now I have brown circles growing around my irises. I am so distraught and devastated. Has anyone found a law firm who will help sueing Grandlash Md for false advertising? Help I also want to sue them. Every one who knows me sees the difference in my eyes. The color is darker.😭

Would consider it. maiakats@justfoodlaw.com. top consumer lawyer.

Anonymous Insider

This product contains prostaglandins similar to the active ingredient in Latisse. It is proven to work very well for eyelash and brow growth but can darken the Iris of light eyes. It has a smaller dose than Latisse so in theory this side effect is minimized even more than the very small percentage that occurs with use of Latisse which is why you don't see many complaints about this here. My eyes are medium brown and surely noone would notice if they  become darker but I like the way they always shine thru in photos and I'm worried of making them very dark. It also helps to avoid leakage into eye by applying to upper lash line only and in very sparse amounts.

@Sara40 I used it for 5 weeks or so but I absolutely think my very light brown/hazel eyes have become darker. I’m so so so sad about it. 

Hi I feel your pain, my pure green eyes are turning brown 😭. I want to sue them. 

@torfeh that's awful!!!

@torfeh that's awful!!!

Grandelash change eye color?

@Sara40 I've been using GrandeLash since late July and haven't noticed any change in color to my blue eyes. I have had a bit of lid darkening, but it doesn't bother me too much because shadow/concealer cover it without any issue. It's definitely not so dramatic that I feel I have to cover it up.

@Sara40 does it contain bimatoprost? That is the ingredient in another popular lash growth serum Latisse that can darken your eye colour if it comes into contact with your eye. 

Conversation Stats
testing