Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

GrandeLASH sunken eyes?

I've been using GrandeLASH serum for about 10 weeks now and am beginning to notice my upper eyelids aree looking...sunken? If you look at the arrows I've drawn you can see a secondary sort of crease. Has anyone else experienced that side effect?! I've read it happens with Latisse and GrandeLASH has the same active ingredient, Prostaglandin, just in a smaller dose. Supposedly Prostaalandin shrinks the fat around the eye, leaving it "sunken" looking. (I say "supposedly" because there's no double blind study proving it yet there are tons of user testimonials online saying they've experienced the fat loss.) I mean, I'm not seeing things and I haven't made any other changes to my eye routine outside of this serum. I'm not sure if the creas bothers me...I've read it's irreversible and at this point if so I might as well keep using the serum and keep my lashes long.

Re: GrandeLASH sunken eyes?

You look beautiful. Not at all older. Sorry that some people say stuff just to be nasty. Also growing older is not an insult 💕

Hi there, I only used GrandeLash for a week and after the first use I experienced eyelid redness and bloodshot eyes. I figured it was just a first-time irritation thing, but had to use concealer to cover the eyelid redness. The next day it was worse. My eyelids were beginning to look dark brown/purple from the lash line to the eyebrow; darkest at the crease. I kept using the serum for the next 4 days, hoping it was just because I wasn't getting enough sleep that my eyes looked so dark, like I had been punched. I went to bed early for the next week to try to get 8+ hours of sleep, hydrated a ton and used a vitamin C eye cream, but I looked just as bad; kind of sickly honestly. Finally I looked up eyelid discoloration with GrandeLash and discontinued use that day. As quickly as the next morning I noticed a difference, and by the following day the discoloration was totally gone. 

I have light blue eyes and the eye color change really scared me, not just on a cosmetic level but because that sounds dangerous - I heard about it from Dr. Dray on YouTube in a video about products she never buys. I also read that you might develop a sort of dependency on the serum and start experiencing eyelash thinning if you use it for a long time and then stop. If I were you I'd wean yourself off of GrandeLash - your green eyes are so beautiful and I've heard light eyes are at the most risk for color change. If you're already seeing preorbital fat loss too I say it's absolutely not worth it. 

I’ve used Grand lash for three days ( got it as a gift) and observed same result. Redness, irritation and blood shot eyes. I guess it’s time to stop using it, right?

Thank you for the warning about this causing color changes to light-colored eyes. I have green eyes and would be devastated if my eyes started turning brown! 

I know this is not a warning about just eye color change for light eyes. But for me, it's a big deal. I love having green eyes. I am always on the lookout for products that compliment my eye color and make the green really pop.

Especially shadows with great purples is always a win! 

It's been a while since you posted,  but doing a search to find out why my upper eyelid is drooping I found it could be because I'm using latisse. HOWEVER, I did just have Botox so I'm hoping it's from that as it won't be permanent. Latisse eye droop is permanent. 

Exact same thing has happened to me after using Latisse for only 7 weeks. I regret it so much. I won't trust any serum from now on. Thanks for posting.

Did it improve? 😞 and if so how long did it take?? I’m so sad! 

GrandeLASH sunken eyes?

@catsey thank you for posting ! I had no idea that this product or other similar products cause this side effect! I am sorry that happened to you! Thanks for letting us know!

GrandeLASH sunken eyes?

Yes your eyelashes are beautiful already. That sucks I will definitely remember this one! Good luck❤
Anonymous Insider

You have loss of periorbital fat from the ingredient bimatoprost. I suggest you stop using it immediately as the fat loss will only get worse and I'm sorry to say but it already made you look a bit older 😞 

Thats not true, I actually think she looks younger.  

GrandeLASH does NOT contain bimatoprost. I believe you're thinking of Latisse, which is the only product on the market that contains that patented ingredient. Allergan's patents on bimatoprost have not yet expired, so no other lash growth product contains that ingredient at this time. A known side effect of bimatoprost is periorbital fat loss, but that is not the cause here.

@JM001 

Bimatoprost is a synthetic prostaglandin analog, but it's not the only one. 

GrandeLash contains isopropyl cloprostenate, which is another synthetic prostaglandin analog. GrandeLash and others using this ingredient can absolutely cause similar side effects to Latisse.  

i use silly george lash serum, does that one have prostaglandin? i cant seem to figure it out lol

@RGbrown

Thanks for the info - very helpful! Hadn't really done any research into GrandeLASH's formula, so I didn't know what their active ingredient is. Prostaglandin analogues have been widely used to treat glaucoma for quite a while now, so there is ample evidence to support the loss of periorbital fat along with what is basically a deepening of the crease above the eye. I don't believe this is harmful, but it's certainly not desired. (Please note, this is my opinion only and should not be taken as any form of medical advice.)

Anyone who is concerned about this effect from any lash-enhancing product should consider discontinuing its use; HOWEVER, anyone concerned about this effect from a prescription intended to treat a medical condition (e.g., glaucoma), should consult the prescribing doctor prior to discontinuing use.

Hi @JM001!

Is bimatoprost or whatever the other ingredient in GrandeLash harmful?

This might sound weird, but as an Asian with hooded, fatty Asian eyes, I would actually love to lose some of the eye fat.  I just wouldn't want to use it if it's harmful.

Hi @RAWRitsRED

I don't know much about the active ingredient in GrandeLash (but it's not bimatoprost), so I wouldn't be able to tell you with any degree of certainty whether it's harmful. (I certainly hope it's not!) If you have concerns, you may want to consult your eye doctor or dermatologist.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

@catsey Honestly, I recommend to stop using this NOW.  This is NOT a side effect you want to keep around or get worse.  This is the main reason I stopped using any lash growth products (only used for 2 days before I read about this side effect, plus of course the risk of my eye color going brown).

As far as I know as well, it is not reversible like you said, and it is something you will need to get fillers for from a doctor.  I imagine it will get worse with age and if you continue use.

I just came across this, & while it’s not a new post I wanted to add a little clarity on some of the comments Incase someone else sees this thread in the future, & is concerned about the same issue. So I believe what’s happening is people are confusing the fat atrophy side effect with the eyelid & light eye color discoloration. So the eye color discoloration risk is what can be permanent. However the issue like OP experienced is NOT permanent, & is reversible overtime when product use is discontinued. Not only for prescription lash lengthening like Latisse, but also when the original prescription that it was created for that is dropped directly into the eye causes the same side effect (mostly in elderly patients) it also reverted back to normal when they ceased to use the medication. 

I just came across this, & while it’s not a new post I wanted to add a little clarity on some of the comments Incase someone else sees this thread in the future, & is concerned about the same issue. So I believe what’s happening is people are confusing the fat atrophy side effect with the eyelid & light eye color discoloration. So the eye color discoloration risk is what can be permanent. However the issue like OP experienced is NOT permanent, & is reversible overtime when product use is discontinued. Not only for prescription lash lengthening like Latisse, but also when the original prescription that it was created for that is dropped directly into the eye causes the same side effect (mostly in elderly patients) it also reverted back to normal when they ceased to use the medication. 

Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing