Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Going to Costa Rica for a hiking/climbing vacation - looking for the right waterproof mascara!

I currently use Tarte's gifted mascara as my day to day which I really like but I'm going to Costa Rica in April and it's 30-39 degrees Celsius (86-102F) and humid that time of year. I was hoping to find a good waterproof mascara that doesn't flake off or smudge. If anyone has any recs for what works for them in hot, humid climates, I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance. 

Going to Costa Rica for a hiking/climbing vacation - looking for the right waterproof mascara!

I've used Givenchy Phonomen'eyes waterproof mascara for years. Its my go to mascara. The applicator looks weird but it gets all the little corner lashes and I never have an issue with clumping.

Re: Going to Costa Rica for a hiking/climbing vacation - looking for the right waterproof mascara!

@HannahJB94 I took Urban Decay's Cannonball to Puerto Rico a few years back, and it didn't budge--even when I went swimming in the ocean. 

Re: Going to Costa Rica for a hiking/climbing vacation - looking for the right waterproof mascara!

@HannahJB94 Maybe you could just get a brow/lash tint before you go, and then you have some oomph for photos without having to do anything?

I'd personally go for L'oreal million lashes waterproof or the lash paradise one. I find those two are far better than any of my higher end waterproof mascara. Also keep in mind getting ash extensions, those are great and make you look amazing without makeup 

I just took the Lash Paradise waterproof version to Hawaii and unfortunately didn’t enjoy it... the regular is a tried and true staple in my collection, but the waterproof version kept smudging on me in the humidity. I see a lot of hype on the waterproof version but it just didn’t perform well on me when I needed it to hold up better.

I personally don’t like water proof mascara but if Lash Paradise has the waterproof version, you should check it out. Don’t forget sun block, mosquito protection and some lip balms. Honestly it will be hot and you’d have so much fun that you would not want or care about full face makeup 😉 Costa Rica has really good white water rafting so check it out if you can 🙂 Good luck and have fun!

@HannahJB94 The only waterproof mascara I use is Too Faced Better Than Sex. But if I were you, I would just use a great lash conditioner! 

I've never tried a lash conditioner - what I'm hoping for is just giving my eyes a boost since I'll be going mostly make-up free but also hope to take lots of pictures so I'd like to amp it up just a tiny bit. Do you have a lash conditioner recommendation?

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing