Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Foundation?

Can anyone give me one of your favorite long lasting foundations. Been using drug store since I started makeup as my go to but really wanna treat myself. But also don’t wanna waste money on something that isn’t giving me all that I want in product. Please help a friend out💕

Re: Foundation?

IMO Bobbi Brown has the most lasting foundations. Her foundations had remarkable lasting power and looked natural. Buff it out and you're rock solid under dinner tomorrow night.

Bobbi's formulas seem to "set in" your face.

Her foundations require gentle but thorough cleansing. Do a preliminary wash-off with a wipe, and follow it with your main cleanser.

Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Fluid Powder Foundation SPF 20 

Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Liquid Foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen

Get the second one if you want moderate or complete coverage. Unless you're looking for a light subtle application, the Fluid Powder (first) one would disappoint you (unless it's what you're looking for).

For your first time, go with Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15.

Bobbi Brown's foundations cling to your skin, can take sweat, and have "moxie."

PS Besides being lasting, what is all you want in a foundation? I won't be here for a few days, but if you answer that question many Sephora clients will steer you in the right direction. Thank you.

Not sure what type of skin you have; but I’m combo oily. My tzone is a literal greaseball. My # 1 favourite is KVD Lock It! It has amazing coverage and stays put all day. My 2nd would be Hourglass Immaculate. It is the most mattifying, but does dry out my cheeks and other areas of my face where I’m not oily, and it’s more medium coverage rather than full. And my 3rd is Mac Studio Fix  Fluid, not as matte as I’d like it to be but had great coverage, while being lightweight and breathable, and this one is easily buildable without getting cakey. I just use both setting spray and powder underneath and overtop with this foundation and I’m good to go. 

I'm obsessed with Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 120, medium coverage and matte finish, but if you have dry skin then you need Hydrating primer. 

RE: Foundation?

Lancôme Teint Idole is nice if you want higher coverage and fairly matte. Long lasting too. As my skin is becoming more dry, thinking about the new it Cosmetics one too.

I love Nars naturally radiant! And they just came out with an all matte formula too. But you can use a matte primer for the naturally radiant. 

What's your skin type, @Tayanicole123? I love Lancome Teint Idole, but since I'm oily I also tend to use primer and set with powder for extra assurance on longevity. 

@Tayanicole123 

For long wear, nothing beats Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W3 Henna (sorry just picked a random shade). It’s transfer proof and stays all day. 

Hi @Tayanicole123!

You might want to take into consideration your skin type (oily, dry, normal, sensitive).  Also the kind of coverage and finish you want.

Using a translucent setting powder/ setting spray will help your makeup stay in place longer as well.  I personally like Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent and Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Jumbo 

This is the spray I use at night. well as soon as my orde...

This is the spray I use at night. well as soon as my order is delivered tomorrow. I like Urban Decay palettes I have three when this one gets here. I've got alot of eyeshadow brands. I keep going back to Urban Decay. Due to Covid I'm sure you probably cant go in an have them put your makeup on to help you. I might be wrong. am I right

I'm so glad you said to use the over night spray. I hoped...

I'm so glad you said to use the over night spray. I hoped it works. I'm glad you love it. I've got a question. Sorry I'm new as of today. I'm so excited I can't explain. I've been told since I'm older I've been told not to use foundation or powder it'll show my wrinkles worse. Due to meds I get brown spots on face and eyes and brows. is this true? I'd love my face to look smooth and not show the spots. Are they right. or do I use certain foundation. I do like the foundation with olay in it. it makes my skin do well and doesn't look heavy

RE: Foundation?

What kind of finish/coverage are you looking for? I personally love ItCosmetics CC Cream ! It provides a medium coverage, and lasts all day with my setting powder (Charlotte tilbury flawless airbrush)

the beauty blender bounce foundation; been using it for about a year now and i love it! so many tones to get the perfect match too.
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing