Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows

Fe-BROW-ary

Hey all! I wanted to propose a challenge for the month of February. I tried to search BIC and couldn't find anything so hopefully this is a new idea. I want to encourage everyone and myself to share brows and their brow goals for February.

I'm sure there are plenty of options that can range from low maintenance for makeup minimalists to more creative for those who want to branch out.

Perhaps you want to:

• Try to do your brows twice a week
  • Use a new type of brow product - you usually go with a pencil but will try a pomade
  • Take care and strengthen your brows
  • Find a new holy grail brow product for you
  • Go wild with an attempt at an eyebrow trend

Image result for eyebrow trends

I hope you'll join along. Suggestions welcome!

Re: Fe-BROW-ary

I got an email from Ulta about new brow shade options in the Benefit Precisely My Brow and Goofproof Brow. One of them was gray which I think is a smart addition.

I have been slacking with brows and my brow gel is getting pretty dry. Maybe I'll have to motivate myself again next Fe-BROW-ary.

@ShortErica - After being OOS everywhere, I finally bought UD Brow Blade.  I used it today for the first time.  OMGosh!  My brows haven't looked this good since I started using brow gel!  I'm using Taupe Trap.  It's a virtual match to my dish water blonde hair.  It's much lighter in color than ABH Dipbrow and KVD brow gel, so it looks more natural on me.  I just need to pick up the pace which will come with practice.

That is awesome @Titian06! I have a mix of brown and red and bits of blonde occasionally so I always questions what color to use. I feel like it's really easy to go too dark with a brow so that's great you have a natural shade match. Let me know how it goes when you continue using it!

Checking in late, the middle of March, but I'd like to think that February was a good brow month.

I finally stopped snubbing the Benefit Brow Bar. I lost my esthetician and my eyebrows were absolutely atrocious so I took advantage of a snow day and had my brows shaped. They looked better than they had in years, I normally have to tell people not to go too thin, and I already knew that I loved the girl because she's one of my regulars in the coffee shop. I don't have to hunt for a new brow girl, after all! I'm usually a brow pencil kind of girl.

I ran out of my Precisely, My Brow pencil and reverted back to using my Anastasia Dip Brow pomade.  I remembered why I switched back to pencil (sometimes the pomade takes me a little longer), but came across one of my old tried and trues, the Gimme Brow by Benefit.  It only takes me three minutes for natural, full looking brows.  

The new Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Gel Blonde looks intriguing. Not sure I need something waterproof or super filling but I'd be interested if anyone has or plans on trying it.

OK, well I did terribly at reporting back on my brow goals for February BUT I actually did try some new products and shopped my stashed and fell back in love with some old ones. I've gotten back on the brow pomade kick again; I think it's been at least a year since I'd used any and thanks to a bottle of Duraline it works as good as new. Totally down to keep going in March (and actually report back)!

When I was getting my make up done the other week the MUA started working on my brows lol. Shaping them up I guess, anyways they looked really nice.

That's awesome @Samtian. I have a hard time trusting others especially with something like brows that could go badly. Wonderful to hear your MUA did a great job.

I was super happy with Feb Brow Ary! I feel confident putting most of my brow product collection away and just having my MUFE Aqua Brow and Anastasia 15 brush at hand. I've never had go-to brow products that I was so pleased with before.

I wanted to give a quick shout out to everyone who commented and contributed to Fe-Brow-ary. I really learned a lot and hope you did too. Feel free to continue into M-Arch (okay, that's definitely not as catchy). But in all seriousness, thank you all!

@Loretta55 @Titian06 @jozkid @greeneyedgirl107 @ZombieMetroAnt @yankeefaithful @Ispend2much6 @sister13 @KatieBT @Samtian

Names continued below. And apologizes if I missed someone or the tagging didn't work.

Thanks for the tag @ShortErica !  I'm glad I could help.  I still plan to purchase the UD pencil/pen, it's just been OBE.  I'll post once I use it--hopefully soon. 😄

@ShortErica   Thank you for starting this thread!  It gave me the push I needed to revisit my brow products and determine which ones really work for me.  Brows are so important to the overall appearance and  I love sharing others' experiences.

You're welcome @Ispend2much6 and I'm glad you've found products that work for you. You gave some great tips for how to make the most out of my sample since using an eyebrow pencil was a new experience.

Thank you @ShortErica !! I look forward into continuing into M-Arch 😂. I’ve moved away from the brow pencil and have attempted to revisit my dipbrow, which previously was an issue because I was SO heavy handed... I’ve learned my lesson with that haha. Now I just need to work on shaping... my left brow doesn’t have a tail and I can never get it sharp enough 

Good luck with your shaping @cianni! Fortunately or unfortunately practice makes perfect. You'll get it figured out!

@ShortErica  Thanks for the tag and keeping the thread going!! I think M-arch sounds perfect!! How's it been going with the ABH Brow Wiz? It does seem to take a little more time doing my brows with that. I've grab the IT Universal Brow Pencil most often because it's quicker for me. Thanks again!!😊

I just included the Brow Wiz in my empties @yankeefaithful. I was able to get 4 uses out of the stub. I think probably my 2nd day application was best. If I had an artist's touch like @jozkid I would enjoy it but I'm not patient enough. But it was good to try it out.

@ShortErica LOVE the M-Arch theme!!!

@WinglessOne @Anonymous

Conversation Stats
Photos35
  • b3.jpg
  • b4.jpg
  • b5.jpg
  • 20190201_084555.jpg
  • Before
  • After - 2 pieces
  • download.jpeg
  • It looks a lot like a mascara brush.  There is a section of the brush that has longer hairs, which is what I mostly use to apply the product.
  • IMG_2994.JPG
  • IMG_2995.JPG
  • IMG_2996.JPG
  • I should have added a little more  on the middle of my brow. And,  I should have made sure the end was smoother, but I was in a hurry because the person taking my pictures was in a hurry. :)
  • brows.jpg
  • My naked spotty brows (and naked face, too)
  • Outlining the shape of my brows with ABH Brow Wiz, using my natural shape (what’s left of it) as a guide.
testing