Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|

Fe-BROW-ary

Hey all! I wanted to propose a challenge for the month of February. I tried to search BIC and couldn't find anything so hopefully this is a new idea. I want to encourage everyone and myself to share brows and their brow goals for February.

I'm sure there are plenty of options that can range from low maintenance for makeup minimalists to more creative for those who want to branch out.

Perhaps you want to:

• Try to do your brows twice a week
  • Use a new type of brow product - you usually go with a pencil but will try a pomade
  • Take care and strengthen your brows
  • Find a new holy grail brow product for you
  • Go wild with an attempt at an eyebrow trend

Image result for eyebrow trends

I hope you'll join along. Suggestions welcome!

Re: Fe-BROW-ary

Between today and tomorrow I think I will finish the bit that I salvaged of the Anatasia Brow Wiz sample.

20190227_084926.jpg

I've mostly worn the Ulta Brow Tint and accomplished my goal of 3x per week. My other box to check is eyebrow maintenance. Using the brow wiz today I realized that at least from my limited experience, it is important to have a clean brow line when using a pencil vs. the brow tint where I don't feel it's as noticeable.

20190212_164859.jpg20190212_164841.jpg

Hopefully I've captured my extra brow -- space -- brow problem. I plan to take care of it and the extra hairs below my natural brow line tonight. Then maybe participate in the masking challenge while I'm having some "me" time.

Please let me know how your Fe-brow-ary went!

Anonymous Insider

Fe-BROW-ary

I love my brows but love them even more using the Benefit Kabrow pomade in shade 4

Looking great @Anonymous 

My goal for Fe-brow-ary is to try UD''s new pencil/pen.  Today I went to Ulta and swatched taupe and brown sugar.  As usual, I could not get any service, so I left and went over to SiJCP.  Of course I got excellent service there!  Unfortunately they were out of the taupe.  Guess I'll try ordering it online.

@Titian06    How was the taupe?  Was it cool toned?  How dark would you say it was?  Thanks!

Hi, @Ispend2much6!  I would call the taupe neutral.  It definitely wasn't warm.  It is very light, but you can build up the color to make it as dark as you want.

@Titian06   Thanks- that sounds great!

@Titian06 I also wanted to try Urban Decay’s new Brow Blade but their darkest shade is dark brown. 😡 I was really hoping I’d finally find a liquid ink-type brow pen to try, since MAC’s was also not deep dark enough for my brows. (I bought that one, tried it, and promptly returned it.) Is no one brave enough to release a black shade? Good grief! 

Anyway, sounds like you don’t have that problem 😄 so I hope you’re able to order your shade online! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. 

@WinglessOne   How about an extra fine-tipped Sharpie marker?  🙂  I jest, but I did try it once at the dare of my son, and guess what- it was a great shade and worked well!

@Ispend2much6  😂 I considered trying that years ago but thought it might look too harsh. 🤣 Now I wonder how long it’d last before completely washing away. 

I’ve also very seriously considered microblading. I’m not sure what’s stopped me. It can’t be the pain because I have tattoos, and I’m pretty sure they apply a topical numbing agent on your brows before they go in with pigment. (That’s, um, not normal tattoo art procedure.) I think I’m worried the microblade person will completely mess up my brow shape, and then I’ll be stuck with it until the pigment wears away. I mean it’s not quite like a tattoo you can have covered up if the artist botches part of it. 😂 I’d have to wear concealer over it, I guess, and that’s more effort than it currently takes me to do my brows with a pencil and tweezers. I’m still considering it, though. 

@WinglessOne   I have a friend that had that done, and semi-permanent eyeliner.  It did hurt, but she loved the results.  She basically had no eyebrows and was tired of painting them on each day.

@Ispend2much6 I also have a friend who’s had it done. 🙂 She tries to assure me a good microblading place will work with me to get my preferred brow shape down and let me approve it, before they even start inking. I just need to find a good place to have it done. 

I’m not worried about the pain at all. I already have enough tattoos to know this can’t possibly hurt that much. Sure, it’ll probably feel like a tattoo over bone (those tend to hurt more), but that won’t matter if my skin’s being numbed first—and I’m a rock in the tattoo chair anyway. It’s funny: I’m phobic about hypodermic needles, but tattoo needles are no big deal. 😄 

Boo poor customer service and then not having your shade when you get it. Hopefully it ships fast and you can enjoy it soon @Titian06! Let us know what you think of it once you use it a few times. 🙂

Not sure if you can tell but I managed to "do" my brows with a bit of Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupesample. The longer of the two pieces fit back in and there's enough tip to get a few uses out of it.

20190214_093249.jpg

I did a few strokes on a tissue to make sure the product was warmed up. I quickly learned I do not have @jozkid 's wonderful artist's hand. The stroke is too thick and look a bit drawn on to me. Not clownish *at least I hope* but no way natural. I don't know if pencil will ever be my preferred brow product type but I'm willing to try again. Glad I was able to salvage the broken sample and experiment for Fe-BROW-ary since it's already halfway done!

@ShortErica I think you did fine, but then again it doesn’t look like you really need much work. Next time just try using a line along the bottom edge to clean that up and leave the top edge alone. Lightly fill if you need to. I think that would be plenty of definition for you. 

@ShortErica   You must have magical manual dexterity skills to use that sample. lol  It really is minuscule.

Your brows looks very naturally filled in, not clownish at all.  The thing with pencils, if you only use a pencil, for me anyway since mine are patchy, is you have to make sure you cover the entire brow or else you will see variations in shades and intensity of shades, and it's a lot of work to cover in your entire brow with a pencil, I think.

@jozkid I tried your suggestion of lining the bottom and I think I need to spend more time on my left brow (right one in the picture since it's a mirror image) and follow @Ispend2much6 recommendation of covering the whole brow. I didn't have much time before I had to hit the road and wasn't patient with the left side but I think using it a second time was better than the first. It helps that my hair kinda blocks the "bad" brow.

20190220_113845.jpg

@ShortErica   Perfect! Your eyes are a gorgeous color too!

Thank you so much @Ispend2much6 

I don't mean to be dominating this thread; I have sooo many brow products, and rarely am I super happy with any of them.  This thread is actually helping me because by taking pictures I can see how the products actually look on my brows, instead of guessing.  I apologize again for my newbie editing skills.

Left brow, plain

IMG_3039.JPG

Left brow, Diorshow Brow Stylo #2, Universal Dark Brown

IMG_3040.JPG

Left brow, Lancome Monsieur Big Brow 02 Chestnut on top of the Diorshow Stylo.

IMG_3041.JPG

Right eye, plain

IMG_3043.JPG

Right eye, Laura Geller Brow Gel Pencil in Charcoal.

IMG_3044.JPG

Right eye, Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel Granite on top of LG Charcoal. Evidently ABH Granite lightened the shade of Charcoal, so it appears it has good coverage.

IMG_3045.JPG

@Ispend2much6  - Thanks for sharing your different brow products!  Of this group, I think the Lancome Monsieur Big Brow 02 Chestnut on top of the Diorshow Stylo looks almost as good as the Givenchy Mister Brow.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos35
  • b3.jpg
  • b4.jpg
  • b5.jpg
  • 20190201_084555.jpg
  • Before
  • After - 2 pieces
  • download.jpeg
  • It looks a lot like a mascara brush.  There is a section of the brush that has longer hairs, which is what I mostly use to apply the product.
  • IMG_2994.JPG
  • IMG_2995.JPG
  • IMG_2996.JPG
  • I should have added a little more  on the middle of my brow. And,  I should have made sure the end was smoother, but I was in a hurry because the person taking my pictures was in a hurry. :)
  • brows.jpg
  • My naked spotty brows (and naked face, too)
  • Outlining the shape of my brows with ABH Brow Wiz, using my natural shape (what’s left of it) as a guide.
testing