Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Favorite mascara? suggestions appreciated

Hey beauty community what is your favorite mascara that you currently use? I’m really struggling to find a good mascara. Any suggestions seriously appreciated. xo

Re: Favorite mascara? suggestions appreciated

@smokahontas420 Do you prefer a mascara that's more lengthening or volumizing?  For volume, my personal fav is the Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

Anonymous Insider

RE: Favorite mascara? suggestions appreciated

hey there!! I’ve tried probably most of the mascaras under the sun to find the right one for me, and in general, I can say that the luxury brand mascaras perform almost no better than your standard Maybelline! So if you’re not looking to break your bank, my personal favorite is their lash sensational (which i thought was on par with better than sex)

Hi @smokahontas420 🙂

I love the TOO FACEDBetter Than Sex Mascara! I love the volume it provides!

https://www.sephora.com/product/better-than-sex-mascara-P381000

Always,
Danee

Bobbi Brown - Smokey Eye Mascara
Anonymous Insider

i LOVE too faced better than sex. the best mascara i've tried.

I really love Guerlain's Maxilash! It is a little pricey, but it's totally worth it. I have very sensible eyes, and the formula fits me perfectly!

I use benefit’s roller lash and they’re real mascaras. Both of them look really great on! The roller lash one looks more natural and is easier to use without smudging in my opinion, so better for an everyday look. But, if you’re looking for something to create extra thick dark dramatic lashes then I’d say they’re real is the way to go!

@smokahontas420 I would definitely consider myself a mascara junkie, and I’m forever on the hunt for something new to try. I believe I’ve tried 8 new (to me) mascaras in the last year or so: Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara BlackSmashbox Super Fan Lash Lengthening Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL,NARS Climax Mascara Explicit BlackBenefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara BlackMILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml,Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Waterproof Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.27 oz/...tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black,Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mL

i know that’s kinda crazy but I’m always looking for something that does it all for me! I want a super dark, fluffy, voluminous lash without a ton of weight. Important to note is that I almost exclusively use minis, as I find they don’t dry out before they should be disposed of (I usually spend 2-3 months using one if I like it). 

the only ones that I actually love and have repurchased/ would repurchase is the Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mL

MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 mland my original holy grail never fail, the Too Faced Mini Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara black

the tarte and both benefit mascaras were okay for me, they just didn’t give that plush look that I personally like, unless I used a million coats, but sometimes that ended up looking horrible and I had to take it all off and try again.

i honestly hated the nars, smashbox and BTS waterproof. I felt that the formulas were really watery, and did nothing for my lashes. 

@smokahontas420 I am obsessed with the Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

I have found it doesn't flake or clump and gives me a flash lash effect. I hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca

Hi! I’m a big fan of the MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml! I feel like it always amps up the drama of my lashes and makes them look super long and almost false with no clumps whatsoever. But, on the downside, I do notice some flaking throughout the day, so I try to keep a powder brush in my purse to dust off the flakes and my mascara to add another coat. 

Hi @smokahontas420,

Like several other BIC members, I highly recommend the WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara.

The reason so many people love it is it does it all (length, volume, curl in one). I also love that it doesn't smudge on me, which is a big concern for someone with oily eyelids like me.

<333

I use the Wander beauty "Mile High Club", but my go-to combo is Lancôme Cils booster, combed thru while wet with a spoolie or dosposable wand, with one coat of Monsieur Big

I really like PAT McGRATH LABS FetishEyes™ Lengthening Mascara 0.27 oz/ 8 mLand ILIA - Limitless Lash Mascara - After Midnight

better than sex mascara orrr benefit they’re real

@smokahontas420 My favorite is Essence Lash Princess in False Lash Effect.  I know a couple other BICers that love it, too.  I use it with Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml

Good luck!  🙂

I've been reaching for the Pat McGrath FetishEyes mascara lately. I used to really like Too Faced's Better than Sex regular formula but noticed I could a bit raccoony looking by the end of the day. Mon. Big by lancome is a good one too. 

For length + volume: Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2. That’s currently my favorite mascara of all, especially since it doesn’t hurt my eyes. 

For more of a natural “my lashes but better” look—or in my case, a “huh, I do have lashes after all” look—I like tarte Big Ego Mascara 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL , WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara  , and Glossier Lash Stick. Though I’ll say Lash Stick makes my eyes feel weird sometimes; not the stinging/burning I get with the vast majority of mascaras, just weird in a way I can’t describe well. 

For volume alone, I still like LANCôME - GRANDIÔSE - Wide-Angle Fan Effect Mascara and LANCôME - GRANDIÔSE Extreme Wide-Angle Extreme Volume Mascara a lot. I can boost length with Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml

The only mascara I use on my bottom lashes (on the rare days I do it) is Wander Beauty Mike High Club. The brush shape and length are great for those lashes, and the mascara formula resists smudging once it’s dried down.

@smokahontas420 mine are LANCôME - Monsieur Big Mascara, YVES SAINT LAURENT - The Shock Volumizing Mascara

Hi @smokahontas420 ,

I also love the Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL This is one of my go-to mascaras for dramatic length and volume, especially when I only have a few minutes to do my lashes. 

I also love the Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 9.4 g I find that the wand really grabs hold of each lash and pulls the product through evenly. It's great for volume and length as well! 

Best,

Laurie  

Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing