cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

False Lash HELP!

Hello all! So I am kinda new to the false lash thing so I'm sorry if this will sound silly.

So I bought false lashes from Spirit for a Halloween costume last year and they were SO easy to apply. So I decided to but some real ones (without the decorations on it) and I am having the worst luck trying to apply them. Can anyone recommend a set of good lashes for a beginner to apply? I don't want to risk almost gluing my eye shut or anything. I will also accept tips for easy application!

Thank you lovelies! 🙂 

Re: False Lash HELP!

I too struggles for awhile! I recommend Ardell 150 (people thought I was wearing a great mascara!) or Tarte eyelashes in Little Black Dress! I put a strip of DUO glue on the last and let it set for 30 seconds. I hole a hand held mirror and look down while applying the lashes with a tweezer ( I love Sephora's bulls eye lash applicator). I personally find it easier to start with the outside of the eye and work my way placing towards the corner of my eye. It's easier than looking straight in to a mirror verses head down. The angle seems easier. 

TARTE - Tarteist™ Pro Cruelty-Free Lashes

DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Bulls Eye Lash Applicator

@Anonymous I would start with Ardell 110 or individual lashes. Use Duo glue and wait 30 seconds till the band is tacky then apply it to the lash line. It may help to use tweezers or a lash applicator. 

Anonymous Insider

False Lash HELP!

Since I've never had luck applying falsies, even with the spirit ones, I finally bit the bullet and have mine individual lash professionally applied... to me soooo worth the money...

@Anonymous I had good luck (first timer) with velour (?) lashes and Huda beauty's glue. If you have a chance, sephora offers mini lessons if you make an appointment where they'll go through the process with you and give you pointers, I found it very helpful!

I usually find ardell lashes pretty easy to apply. I used to always use duo lash glue but it takes a long time to get to the right tackiness to apply, I recently got some non-latex lash glue and I find they are ready to apply right away and stick better. you do have to be a bit quicker and you can't make as many adjustments. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing