Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eyeshadow

What things do you do on a continuous basis that you do to improve your eye makeup

RE: Eyeshadow

Hello!! @katie122122 watch a lot of YouTube. I like watching Wayne goss; Robert welsh; john Maclean; painter by spencer they are seriously awesome makeup artists. I like watching Nicki Lee and mascara masquerade as well. They mostly talk about techniques which when I have free time i love to practice see how it turns out

Re: Eyeshadow

@katie122122 @Meg557 

I watch a lot of youtube tutorials for ideas and I practice a lot. Since I'm working from home because COVID, I have a lot more time time to play around. Also, since I'm a relative newbie to eyemakeup (still can't do eyeliner to save my life, but my eyeshadow game is really quite good 😉 ) getting a great starter kit for brushes was HUGE. I definitely recommend the SEPHORA COLLECTION Eyes: Uncomplicated Brush Set 

The brushes are lovely and handle all sorts of pigment really well. I didn't realize how big a game changer proper brushes were until I had them!

@katie122122 @Watch YouTube and Instagram videos. Also take hands on classes before the Pandemic hit

@katie122122

Practice makes perfect!  I practice over the weekend when I have more time, watch tutorials, and take free online classes.

Also investing in a good set of brushes can make a huge difference.  A good beginner set is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Ready To Roll Brush Set (has both face and eye brushes).  You can also buy them individually.  The Sephora brushes are better quality these days, but there are a lot of other options from other brands depending on your budget (Don't buy Morphe!!).

You can check out the Virtual Masterclass Thread to sign up for free online makeup/ skincare masterclasses.  I've taken several and they've been super fun and helpful!

I also like to watch the Sephora IGTV tutorials.

Eyeshadow

@katie122122 there are many different things you can do to help improve your eye makeup skills. one thing I think is highly important is to have the proper brushes. getting a Sephora generic set is a great starting point -- from their you can learn how to use different techniques with each brush.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing